Bearden 2023

JournalEntry

6 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

After reading alot of your stuff it's apparent that you might need to pick up a whistle at Hibbets today and wander on over to Bearden and get you a coaching application.  You non stop coach bash on here and have no idea what you are even talking about.  Justin Underwood is one of the absolute best coaches in the business.  He is respected across the state by his peers and he is a proven winner.  Not only does he coach winning basketball, but he is a family man who teaches more than just basketball.  You might want to direct criticism elsewhere if you want to have any credibility on these boards moving forward.

I’m only speaking truth regarding the talent Justin has chosen to ride over the years. The year he FINALLY won a title (got out coached two other times) he had one player from Lenoir City and two from TKA he brought in to help win the Gold Ball. All three went on to play college ball. Just weird they all just ended up on the same team. Just saying that when the talent is equal… he is always looking for answers to his shortcomings as a coach. And to that idea of him “being a family man teaching more than basketball” shows me you just simply don’t know him.

1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

I’m only speaking truth regarding the talent Justin has chosen to ride over the years. The year he FINALLY won a title (got out coached two other times) he had one player from Lenoir City and two from TKA he brought in to help win the Gold Ball. All three went on to play college ball. Just weird they all just ended up on the same team. Just saying that when the talent is equal… he is always looking for answers to his shortcomings as a coach. And to that idea of him “being a family man teaching more than basketball” shows me you just simply don’t know him.

So are you a disgruntled parent or related to a player that wasn't good enough to play at Bearden?  Did it ever occur to you that good players transfer all the time?  Maybe those really good players simply wanted to be a part of a great program with a great coach.  You are a keyboard cowboy who don't have the guts to say who you are and just bash people from the safety of your computer desk.  I talk to Justin about every day, so I'm quite certain I know him much better than you.  Get a life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

So are you a disgruntled parent or related to a player that wasn't good enough to play at Bearden?  Did it ever occur to you that good players transfer all the time?  Maybe those really good players simply wanted to be a part of a great program with a great coach.  You are a keyboard cowboy who don't have the guts to say who you are and just bash people from the safety of your computer desk.  I talk to Justin about every day, so I'm quite certain I know him much better than you.  Get a life.

Then you should know his focus is always on himself and only worries about things that help elevate him. He consistently gets out-coached and only worries about recruiting people to his team. But the most interesting thing is you think he is a “great man” LAUGHABLE!

3 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Then you should know his focus is always on himself and only worries about things that help elevate him. He consistently gets out-coached and only worries about recruiting people to his team. But the most interesting thing is you think he is a “great man” LAUGHABLE!

Kid couldn't play huh.  Thought so.  Also saw how you cowardly attacked Coach Parrott too.  Maybe you just have something against coaches.  You must have been a player that wasn't good enough to play either.  Get in the arena.  Don't just sit in the stands and criticize.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 4:33 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

They will be pretty good but we likely won't know how good until the tourney starts.   They don't really play any of the top teams (according to their schedule) unless they face someone in a holiday tourney.  But Hodge alone will make them pretty good. 

Its easy to forget that they took BC to the brink in an instant Glass House classic last year.   Yes that was with Treadwell (Ms. Basketball Winner) who is at Florida State now.   But Hodge was almost unguardable that game and she is still there.  Also its crazy that they have lost 4 games in the last two years and 10 games in the last 4 years!  You don't do that unless you are extremely well coached and have a really good team with alot of depth.   Farragut will be a good measuring stick but it will interesting to see who comes out of the east this year.  It would be hard to not have them at the top of the list based on the last 4 years.   Can Science Hill or Sevier County knock them out??  Maybe!

Maybe Sevier County. They haven’t hand-picked like Underwood. In fact, many kids that should be there are at other schools. But don't count them out! Shultz does a great job with what he has. 

On 12/14/2023 at 1:24 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Bearden Female Bulldogs are real good this year. They will not get mercy ruled. It will not happen. They are too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Who would win between them and bradley whonis ranked 24th in country?

9 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Again, here you are mouthing off about another coach at Bearden. And here I am having to defend this coach, so it’s very clear you don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re just a troll on this website, but maybe I should hit you with some facts since you think you’re talking about them. The girl from Lenore City moved here. And this is where she was zoned; her sister currently plays basketball at Knoxville Catholic, and the two are transfers from Kings Academy. The first one transferred because she thought it would be better for her athletic career; the second one transferred to be with her best friend; and since you clearly don’t know and you’re just a troll, they came in to play with the second-best center in the state; who wouldn’t want to play with that? That’s like asking, Why wouldn’t you want to play with the second-best quarterback in your state when your school's athletic program is absolutely going nowhere? It's better for your career, which both of them benefited from, which was a very smart move and got them a gold ball. I don’t know Justin. I’ve never met the guy, but I can tell you from my experiences: I’ve seen him on the court, and students and players tell me about him. He’s one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He's a great teacher and a great coach, so if you just disrespect him with this nonsense that you like to come up with, it's outrageous. You really need to walk into the bathroom, look yourself in the mirror, and take off your clown mask because you are a terrible troll.

4 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

Kid couldn't play huh.  Thought so.  Also saw how you cowardly attacked Coach Parrott too.  Maybe you just have something against coaches.  You must have been a player that wasn't good enough to play either.  Get in the arena.  Don't just sit in the stands and criticize.

I don’t know what his deal is from attacking Coach Jones, which is nothing new on this website, to Parrot, which is a little weirder, especially denying his legacy to then attacking Coach Underwood, which might just be single-handling this stupidest thing I’ve ever seen on this website. No, in fact, it is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen on this website. And then to say, “Then you should know his focus is always on himself and only worries about things that help elevate him.” When I’ve heard stories of this man going out of his way to make a student's life better, and I’ve seen kids tear up when they talk about him and what they’ve done in his life, it's just absolutely bizarre again. I’ve never met Coach Underwood, so I have no way to say anything, but I’ve never heard a player, parent, other coach, or student say anything negative about Coach Underwood.

On 12/14/2023 at 1:24 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Bearden Female Bulldogs are real good this year. They will not get mercy ruled. It will not happen. They are too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

What about when they play nationally ranked bradley? Lol. Bradley has mercy ruled half their opponents this season

12 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

What about when they play nationally ranked bradley? Lol. Bradley has mercy ruled half their opponents this season

You are right. Bradley Bearettes might be able to mercy rule Bearden Female Bulldogs. Bradley Bearettes are more talented. I am Captain Guru and I approve this updated message.