Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

Being a preseason pick to win it all next year and now losing Wade to BA DCA is at a crossroads. 

They have two internal candidates that frankly neither are head coach material yet, but will be some day, and a former coach who was in the final two with Wade.

Will be interesting to see.

Edited by Playerscoach

24 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Being a preseason pick to win it all next year and now losing Wade to BA DCA is at a crossroads. 

They have two internal candidates that frankly neither are head coach material yet and a former coach who was in the final two with Wade.

Will be interesting to see. 

Since you are on the inside at DCA, I am assuming the 2 you are talking about not being ready “yet” does not include Beaubien.  Just being Frank.  He is as good of a coach there is in MidTN.  I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but I know he is high quality.  Good luck DCA.  

7 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Since you are on the inside at DCA, I am assuming the 2 you are talking about not being ready “yet” does not include Beaubien.  Just being Frank.  He is as good of a coach there is in MidTN.  I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but I know he is high quality.  Good luck DCA.  

He’s a really good guy but he’s just not ready for that HC job yet. That doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach by any means though. In fact, he’s liked by probably 99.99% of the people at DCA but that doesn’t mean he should get the keys to the program. Again, he’s a truly wonderful man and I wish him well I’m just not sure they will go that direction?

Edited by Playerscoach

2 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Its an opportunity for someone.  

They have a fat check coming thanks to Dennis and Paul’s relationships. 

DCA doesnt care about anything but keeping faculty kids happy and board members’s kids happy.   They need a change in leadership drastically.    

They hired Paul six years ago so that’s not accurate with the football program. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

He’s a really good guy but he’s just not ready for that HC job yet. That doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach by any means though. In fact, he’s liked by probably 99.99% of the people at DCA but that doesn’t mean he should get the keys to the program. Again, he’s a truly wonderful man and I wish him well I’m just not sure they will go that direction?

I am in no way saying I know the ins & outs of DCA as you do, but I will say we obviously have different Webster’s Dictionary definitions of “ready”.  Having over 30 years of coaching/teaching with 2 successful stints as a HC at 2 different schools and almost his whole career has been as a coordinator, play caller & Head Coach & a lot of those years in the private ranks (DCA) with a couple of rings on his fingers tends to tell me that someone is ready for a job.  I have never been accused of being real smart, but come on man.  You are correct, DCA may not go that route, but it will not be because he is not “ready”.  It will be interesting to watch how all these DII jobs pan out.  

10 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

I am in no way saying I know the ins & outs of DCA as you do, but I will say we obviously have different Webster’s Dictionary definitions of “ready”.  Having over 30 years of coaching/teaching with 2 successful stints as a HC at 2 different schools and almost his whole career has been as a coordinator, play caller & Head Coach & a lot of those years in the private ranks (DCA) with a couple of rings on his fingers tends to tell me that someone is ready for a job.  I have never been accused of being real smart, but come on man.  You are correct, DCA may not go that route, but it will not be because he is not “ready”.  It will be interesting to watch how all these DII jobs pan out.  

Ready is relative to that job IMO and that is why I say that. He’s a wonderful man by all accounts. I have no idea what direction they will go though and I know there will be a group that works to make the hire. DCA has an opportunity here to build off of what Paul did when he resurrected the program. 

DCA has a golden opportunity here to make a hire to build off of what Paul did. Whoever it is doesn’t have to be great at the things Paul was but they do have to be extremely good at getting the numbers back up and growing the program. 

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Ready is relative to that job IMO and that is why I say that. He’s a wonderful man by all accounts. I have no idea what direction they will go though and I know there will be a group that works to make the hire. DCA has an opportunity here to build off of what Paul did when he resurrected the program. 

DCA has a golden opportunity here to make a hire to build off of what Paul did. Whoever it is doesn’t have to be great at the things Paul was but they do have to be extremely good at getting the numbers back up and growing the program. 

Again, I do not know DCA like you do, but I have had some good friends that have coached at DCA over the years and have watched many a game at DCA over the last 30+ years.  Dennis won a ton of games and won Championships.  His last year in 2017, they played for the Championship.  When Paul took over, the numbers were down and they were young and went 0-10.  I would not call DCA a resurrection because they consistently won and won big. What Paul did was do what he has always been able to do in his career, head coach or not, and that is find a way to win games.  Kudos to him.  Good Coach and Good man.  He has always treated me with respect over the years, especially when we would pick each other's brains when we were youngsters in this crazy profession.  He has a knack for winning games.  He will do the same at BA, without question.  The next coach at DCA will be tasked to maintain the DCA way.  Be a constant threat to win it all and continue what Ken Redmond, Dennis Goodwin, George MacIntyre and Paul Wade have done.   They may not have to look far to find their next guy to continue the DCA success.  

8 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Again, I do not know DCA like you do, but I have had some good friends that have coached at DCA over the years and have watched many a game at DCA over the last 30+ years.  Dennis won a ton of games and won Championships.  His last year in 2017, they played for the Championship.  When Paul took over, the numbers were down and they were young and went 0-10.  I would not call DCA a resurrection because they consistently won and won big. What Paul did was do what he has always been able to do in his career, head coach or not, and that is find a way to win games.  Kudos to him.  Good Coach and Good man.  He has always treated me with respect over the years, especially when we would pick each other's brains when we were youngsters in this crazy profession.  He has a knack for winning games.  He will do the same at BA, without question.  The next coach at DCA will be tasked to maintain the DCA way.  Be a constant threat to win it all and continue what Ken Redmond, Dennis Goodwin, George MacIntyre and Paul Wade have done.   They may not have to look far to find their next guy to continue the DCA success.  

Richard Hewitt built the program from scratch and coach Redmond benefited from it. I would be surprised if DCA hired someone on staff already considering people that want that job. The two guys on staff that I’m aware of will get a fair shot at it regardless. If I had to bet, I would think because of the magnitude of this hire that someone outside of the school will be the next head coach. That’s just a guess though.