Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

58 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

CJP is a great hire for the future of the school and program.  He is a symbol of change.  I think the administration did a great job, and I think he will suprise a lot of people.   

He is young, energetic, motivated and exactly what is needed.   The naysayers will point at the record and resume, but this is much more about fit.  CJP is a fit.   This is not going to be an easy job, and will require a tremendous amount of energy and work.  

The guy had the balls to take the HC job at MJCA.   He took over ER when the admin was an absolute trainwreck, and it didnt work.  
His middle school program had been top notch since.   

It is perfectly understandable that other candidates be upset, disappointed, and hurt.  

People are going to complain no matter what, but the facts are that he was the right fit and offered the position.  

The biggest thing is that he will care.   

All the football alumni that ###### and complain that read here can listen up.  

Instead of bitching, complaining, texting, bashing, listen up.  Most of you that spend your years complaining about certain folks.  Instead of doing that, you should walk up in that school, tell them you are in no matter who the coach is,  enroll your kids, grab your balls and quit letting your wives dictate where your kids go to school.   Be apart of the solution.  

I’m sure that rant just convinced a lot of folks to see it your way.  I bet the admissions office will be busy tomorrow. 

Maybe Jay will let you give the half time speech to fire the boys up. 

You say symbol of change, exactly what change is needed? The momentum at the school is unfounded. I wouldn’t think that DG or CPW thinks the program needs a change. We need a leader that has taken programs to great heights and that has the ability to sustain the winning tradition and culture. 

Why should we be convinced CJP is capable of that if has not been able to do that other places? 

Any coach hired will care and put his heart into the job. You think he didn’t do that other places?! 

8 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I’m sure that rant just convinced a lot of folks to see it your way.  I bet the admissions office will be busy tomorrow. 

Maybe Jay will let you give the half time speech to fire the boys up. 

You say symbol of change, exactly what change is needed? The momentum at the school is unfounded. I wouldn’t think that DG or CPW thinks the program needs a change. We need a leader that has taken programs to great heights and that has the ability to sustain the winning tradition and culture. 

Why should we be convinced CJP is capable of that if has not been able to do that other places? 

Any coach hired will care and put his heart into the job. You think he didn’t do that other places?! 

High school coaching “experience” is the most overrated factor ever in hiring a coach.   Hire people, not resumes.  Get the right people, it will all work out.  

My rants are great.   My next one on social media is aimed at all the GP faculty beggars on FB.  The Cougar parents sit around like a bunch of beggars asking folks to donate $$ so their teachers can get some pencils.  If Im a GP parent, I would be so embarrassed of asking other people to donate for paper towels, trapper keepers, and little Susie’s classroom, etc.  I would probably walk up in their headmasters office and tell that dork Bix, stop with that. heck, they should just post the calendar or some super bowl squares.   Brandywine Pointe parents should not be on social media looking like a bunch of spineless beggars for some classroom pencils.   What a joke! 

13 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

CJP is a great hire for the future of the school and program.  He is a symbol of change.  I think the administration did a great job, and I think he will suprise a lot of people.   

He is young, energetic, motivated and exactly what is needed.   The naysayers will point at the record and resume, but this is much more about fit.  CJP is a fit.   This is not going to be an easy job, and will require a tremendous amount of energy and work.  

The guy had the balls to take the HC job at MJCA.   He took over ER when the admin was an absolute trainwreck, and it didnt work.  
His middle school program had been top notch since.   

It is perfectly understandable that other candidates be upset, disappointed, and hurt.  

People are going to complain no matter what, but the facts are that he was the right fit and offered the position.  

The biggest thing is that he will care.   

All the football alumni that ###### and complain that read here can listen up.  

Instead of bitching, complaining, texting, bashing, listen up.  Most of you that spend your years complaining about certain folks.  Instead of doing that, you should walk up in that school, tell them you are in no matter who the coach is,  enroll your kids, grab your balls and quit letting your wives dictate where your kids go to school.   Be apart of the solution.  

I had no clue he was the HC at MJCA, even though he is not listed as a former HC at MJCA by unapproved website, unless it was 2010-2012, right before his stint at East Robertson.  If that is the case, he did not win at MJCA either.  But, that is understandable.  You can't win there.  lol.  It is obvious you are a big advocate of this hire.  There are others within the walls of DCA that may feel that way as well and that is fine.  This is a head scratcher to most of the coaches in TN because of the history DCA has and the history the new hire has had actually coaching at the high school level as a head coach.  I have a ton of respect for coaches/friends I have at DCA.  I want to see them continue to succeed.  It will be tough.  They will still beat most of the DII A teams, but they have to contend with Friendship, NCS, Trinity, Jackson Christian, Columbia Academy, GCA, Clarksville Academy (some years), MTCS, etc.  Tough task.  Good Luck in all seriousness.  

5 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

I had no clue he was the HC at MJCA, even though he is not listed as a former HC at MJCA by unapproved website, unless it was 2010-2012, right before his stint at East Robertson.  If that is the case, he did not win at MJCA either.  But, that is understandable.  You can't win there.  lol.  It is obvious you are a big advocate of this hire.  There are others within the walls of DCA that may feel that way as well and that is fine.  This is a head scratcher to most of the coaches in TN because of the history DCA has and the history the new hire has had actually coaching at the high school level as a head coach.  I have a ton of respect for coaches/friends I have at DCA.  I want to see them continue to succeed.  It will be tough.  They will still beat most of the DII A teams, but they have to contend with Friendship, NCS, Trinity, Jackson Christian, Columbia Academy, GCA, Clarksville Academy (some years), MTCS, etc.  Tough task.  Good Luck in all seriousness.  

Thank you for your luck.  We don't need it, we just need the people. 

3 hours ago, Booger said:

intrestin

Booger just sayin :shock:

Yeah man.  That Dork Bix has pissed off all the longtime Goodpasture people over there.   When you let the GOAT volleyball coach of all time leave and go to Ezell Harding out of spite, that's pathetic. 

That guy couldn't play basketball, couldn't coach basketball with David Martin and Estep, and then they had to step in and handle that.   But he's really good and sitting in the corner with his calculator app and history book. 

It takes zero talent to coach anything over there except football.  Everyone else is riding the coattails of everyone else's hard work. 

He makes the faculty look like a bunch of beggars.

Edited by QuickStrike

7 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

The DCA faithful need a quick history lesson, DG would not turn his program over to anyone if he didn't believe they could win. DG was passed over for this job early in his career for a bigger impact name, after serving as assistant to Ken Redmond who stadium is named after winning 85% of his games. It was Coach Redmonds wish for DG to get the head job which did not happen for two more years. He assisted Coach Mac for two seasons then finally named HC winning 72% of his games with two State Championships (219-87) from 1993 to 2017 his last game as HC had DCA back in championship game. He then hired PW who won a State Championship winning 63% of his games over six years. In DG 40 years some administrators, parents, and alum have wished him out not liking him or some of his hard decisions but like the DCA program he wins the 4th quarter. JP is young but remember the HOFC is down the hall so winning will continue. In PW first season I promise you he visited DG office for advice or at least support. JP will get whatever he needs to continue the winning ways I'm sure. The best programs named above have one thing in common with DCA, the HFC position is never available. Long term consistency usually means success and I believe that's why JP got the nod, likely coming home everyone's long term dream job. DCA may not always have big numbers but they produce talent, in last 4 seasons they have had a Mr Football candidate and two possibly this season. Good luck Wildcats!

Edited by BobbyB
wording

3 hours ago, BobbyB said:

The DCA faithful need a quick history lesson, DG would not turn his program over to anyone if he didn't believe they could win. DG was passed over for this job early in his career for a bigger impact name, after serving as assistant to Ken Redmond who stadium is named after winning 85% of his games. It was Coach Redmonds wish for DG to get the head job which did not happen for two more years. He assisted Coach Mac for two seasons then finally named HC winning 72% of his games with two State Championships (219-87) from 1993 to 2017 his last game as HC had DCA back in championship game. He then hired PW who won a State Championship winning 63% of his games over six years. In DG 40 years some administrators, parents, and alum have wished him out not liking him or some of his hard decisions but like the DCA program he wins the 4th quarter. JP is young but remember the HOFC is down the hall so winning will continue. In PW first season I promise you he visited DG office for advice or at least support. JP will get whatever he needs to continue the winning ways I'm sure. The best programs named above have one thing in common with DCA, the HFC position is never available. Long term consistency usually means success and I believe that's why JP got the nod, likely coming home everyone's long term dream job. DCA may not always have big numbers but they produce talent, in last 4 seasons they have had a Mr Football candidate and two possibly this season. Good luck Wildcats!

Richard Hewitt built the program and gave CDG his first job. Hewitt had the program loaded for Redman to win. When Hewitts players left the program coach Redman retired. BTW those players included a MLB player, DCAs lone NFL player, it’s only 2x Mr Football winner, and several other college athletes. Both are great men but Hewitt has been IMO disrespected for all that he did. 

CJP will do well. Those ITT clamoring for a certain assistant coach to be head coach haven’t been around the program the last few years or are so biased they can’t see what the search committee saw. 

CJP has already made contact with alums and program supporters that will help his raise money and increase interest. CPW left Coach Pierce a good roster with championship potential barring injuries to key players. The future looks bright. 

Edited by Playerscoach

35 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Richard Hewitt built the program and gave CDG his first job. Hewitt had the program loaded for Redman to win. When Hewitts players left the program coach Redman retired. BTW those players included a MLB player, DCAs lone NFL player, it’s only 2x Mr Football winner, and several other college athletes. Both are great men but Hewitt has been IMO disrespected for all that he did. 

CJP will do well. Those ITT clamoring for a certain assistant coach to be head coach haven’t been around the program the last few years or are so biased they can’t see what the search committee saw. 

CJP has already made contact with alums and program supporters that will help his raise money and increase interest. CPW left Coach Pierce a good roster with championship potential barring injuries to key players. The future looks bright. 

Were you on the committee to see what they saw?

Your opinion is he will do great and you are entitled to that just like others are entitled to their opinion of being skeptical.  

I'm a little shocked at the hire and do not know much about the new coach.  Hopefully he will be successful as you think he will be.  Time shall tell..............

10 hours ago, Brave1 said:

Were you on the committee to see what they saw?

Your opinion is he will do great and you are entitled to that just like others are entitled to their opinion of being skeptical.  

I'm a little shocked at the hire and do not know much about the new coach.  Hopefully he will be successful as you think he will be.  Time shall tell..............

The proof of the committee is the process of who made the final five, the final two, and the hire itself. Lots of input was provided by people outside the administration, in the coaching community, and committee which ultimately led to the hire. 

I can assure you nobody at DCA gives a rip about when CA/GCA/CA/TCA/MTCA etc… has a new coaching search. DCA will be fine and the trolls, there are some ITT, don’t really matter. 

9 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

The proof of the committee is the process of who made the final five, the final two, and the hire itself. Lots of input was provided by people outside the administration, in the coaching community, and committee which ultimately led to the hire. 

I can assure you nobody at DCA gives a rip about when CA/GCA/CA/TCA/MTCA etc… has a new coaching search. DCA will be fine and the trolls, there are some ITT, don’t really matter. 

I just know we passed on a guy that was a combined 96-53 in 13 years at two larger and respectable DII schools as a head coach. Instead, we went with a guy who thus far is a failed head coach at the high school level.  And instead of him going somewhere to change that narrative after his failures, he hid in middle school ranks in Rutherford Co. 

I guess his plan worked. He got the job he wanted. Has his time at the middle school level prepared him for this gig? Time shall tell.  I do believe that if the committee got this wrong and he proves to not be the guy, heads should roll.