Hasselbeck to Ensworth

Booger

On 2/15/2024 at 6:55 AM, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

Right?! What is this guy talking about Mid-State private school being on another level? DII AAA runs through Chattanooga. And it has been this way for a minute. 

Now, other areas of DII may run through the mid-state area. Some decent public school teams (see Pearl Cohn), but the Nashville elite private schools are getting taken to the shed by the two Chatt schools as of late.

I still will never understand why a Nashville school has yet to embrace the boarding school model like Baylor and McCallie do. At Baylor only 200 kids board of the 800ish high school students. Most of those are out of state/country and around 75% of them are athletes that have excelled in their respective sport.

It's not rocket science. Get kids through the doors that can play even if they aren't local. Nashville is a far more appealing draw than SE TN (Baylor and McCallie are great institutions, I'm speaking only on Chattanooga v. Nashville in terms of what the cities have to offer) and I think programs like MBA, Ensworth, BA, Lipscomb, etc. could dominate in most sports if that were to happen. 

Sleep in a dorm or sleep in my own bed?? Most of these private school kids stay within 30 mins of the school. I hope the boarding school thing don't happen in middle. Yall can keep that in East Tn

14 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Sleep in a dorm or sleep in my own bed?? Most of these private school kids stay within 30 mins of the school. I hope the boarding school thing don't happen in middle. Yall can keep that in East Tn

Booger aint no SME on theses 2 institutions....

...but them Ted Turners School for Boys and The Suk Creek Campus have pretty much been boardin youngins since their 1900ish foundins...or at least their pre WWI conversions....which would also have them boardin longer than any CoachT'er been outta the womb...... or T'ers parents for that matter....

...takin a guess that East Tn boardin aint goin nowhere....and guessin they dont care if the rest of the state does or not....considerin they havent cared in the last 100 ish years

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger
  • Upvote 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:38 PM, FBfan26 said:

You say that about sleeping in a dorm room vs. your own bed, but that doesn't stop people. You act like the East TN schools dorms aren't incredibly nice :lol: The price per bed at one of those schools is more than 2x your mortgage big dawg.

I'll leave this right here.. Baylor is going to start a QB, RB, WR2 who all have SEC offers and all are boarding students. Add a day student who is WR1 with SEC offers, and you have 4 skills players who have big-time offers on the same side of the ball. 

I think East TN is just fine keeping it all to themselves :thumb:

• Like 1

I sleep on a mattress in a barn, and sleep great.    Wake up, grab some coffee, hunt, get a biscuit and then do some work.   

Getting ready for spring turkey season with planting some clover and chopping up some trees for firewood.   Eric Church on the spotify!   

It doesnt matter where u sleep, it matters how much work you put in.   Hard work beats talent, when talent is playing Madden.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

You say that about sleeping in a dorm room vs. your own bed, but that doesn't stop people. You act like the East TN schools dorms aren't incredibly nice :lol: The price per bed at one of those schools is more than 2x your mortgage big dawg.

I'll leave this right here.. Baylor is going to start a QB, RB, WR2 who all have SEC offers and all are boarding students. Add a day student who is WR1 with SEC offers, and you have 4 skills players who have big-time offers on the same side of the ball. 

I think East TN is just fine keeping it all to themselves :thumb:

Why would the QB live in the dorm when his dad has moved twice in three years to put him in a postiion to be the guy. Thought they lived in Chattanooga now? Did mom stay back in Ktown with the girls?

2 hours ago, BingoLong said:

Why would the QB live in the dorm when his dad has moved twice in three years to put him in a postiion to be the guy. Thought they lived in Chattanooga now? Did mom stay back in Ktown with the girls?

Possibility that his family moved, last I saw him listed it said from Knoxville, TN. But, his family may have moved to Chatt area by now.

6 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Hard work beats talent, when talent is playing Madden.  

LOL - you keep repeating that mantra. As if all those highest talent-level players aren't hard workers and are inclined to take a night off or something when they play your school. They are outworking the "hard-working" kids as well as outperforming them. 

17 minutes ago, MoonDogRex said:

LOL - you keep repeating that mantra. As if all those highest talent-level players aren't hard workers and are inclined to take a night off or something when they play your school. They are outworking the "hard-working" kids as well as outperforming them. 

All the teams are talented.   Team buy-in, coaching, and development matters along with discipline.  

Otherwise, you end up at the Rusty Nail at age 24

7 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

Possibility that his family moved, last I saw him listed it said from Knoxville, TN. But, his family may have moved to Chatt area by now.

He is "from" Cookeville. Dad left there to Knoxville for Catholic and daughters playing volleyball at Carson Newman. Then dad took him to Baylor.

On 2/16/2024 at 9:14 AM, 3DayWknd said:

The minute one school in Middle TN tries to build a real boarding school model at least one other would have to follow suit. It would tip the balance of power too greatly with only one - especially at the AAA enrollment. Lipscomb is trying the IMG thing with their Endeavor program but without access to more dorms it can't be as large. Webb BB is only large enough to sustain dominant smaller sports programs. And frankly there are a lot of parents in Middle TN who want their kids to play and not be pushed to the bench by someone transferring in. As long as they are still calling some shots, they're happy to be the best in Middle TN.  

Where have you gone Deuce Knight?

I am in the dark over here in the hills, so what is an Endeavor program?