Walker Valley

15 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

WV has been recognized 5 years in row by US News as being top 20% in nation. They have highest grad rate in surrounding area. Over 10 mill in academic scholarships awarded yearly. Highest ACT in surrounding area among public schools (other than Signal Mountain and Magnet Schools). So, yeah, I manifested it……and it is why WV has grown. Quit being difficult. It’s a great academic school, and athletics are getting better!

and all those schools i listed earlier are ahead of them on that list.  some of them very far ahead.  top 20% is about what yall have done in football.  so congrats on your top 20%.   You got a solid B.

Edited by ILB1999

14 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

and all those schools i listed earlier are ahead of them on that list.  some of them very far ahead.  top 20% is about what yall have done in football.  so congrats on your top 20%.   You got a solid B.

And NONE of the schools you mentioned are in Bradley/Chatt area, so you proved my point. WV is known for their academics in this area…. just like Farragut is known for academics in the Knoxville area. Let’s move on.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

And NONE of the schools you mentioned are in Bradley/Chatt area, so you proved my point. WV is known for their academics in this area…. just like Farragut is known for academics in the Knoxville area. Let’s move on.  

I hate to chime in to your squabble, but the schools in the Chatt. area that are known outside the area for academics are private or magnet/charter.

Edited by Rerun92

Booger nose 2 things..

..that Rockytopjomo7 is a WV all in believer...and ILB1999 is a fine debater...or maybe even a fine bater

..but if one wants to thump ones breast about greatness gainst the public school system hamilton county tn has to offer.....one can be better than all and still be bad....not sayin WV is...

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Booger said:

Booger nose 2 things..

..that Rockytopjomo7 is a WV all in believer...and ILB1999 is a fine debater...or maybe even a fine bater

..but if one wants to thump ones breast about greatness gainst the public school system hamilton county tn has to offer.....one can be better than all and still be bad....not sayin WV is...

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I was just giving THE reason WV has grown. I’m kinda invested.

12 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

I was just giving THE reason WV has grown. I’m kinda invested.

Booger aint nothin but thumbs up on whats hapnin on Mouse Creek Rd...

and what DA just did with that squad on the gridiron may not ever be repeated there

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 3:57 PM, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Again, it’s true. Farragut is known for their academics more so than their athletics. Same with Walker Valley. You can have good academics and athletics though, which is what Farragut has done. Thus, the reason for the comparison.

Farragut has or had the most Team State Championships across all sports for public schools. Brentwood has closed that gap and maybe surpassed them. Top 5 public school for academics and athletics.

7 minutes ago, CU06 said:

Farragut has or had the most Team State Championships across all sports for public schools. Brentwood has closed that gap and maybe surpassed them. Top 5 public school for academics and athletics.

not any more.  Brentwood is #5 in TN.  Ravenwood 6, franklin, 7.  Farragut 19.  WV 41.

The nashville area schools and the magnet schools have really run away with the academics. 

4 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

not any more.  Brentwood is #5 in TN.  Ravenwood 6, franklin, 7.  Farragut 19.  WV 41.

The nashville area schools and the magnet schools have really run away with the academics. 

Kinda hard for most residents of Bradley County to transport their kids to Knoxville/Nashville every day.

5 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Kinda hard for most residents of Bradley County to transport their kids to Knoxville/Nashville every day.

Chatt high for the arts is 9.  Science hill is 14.  Maryville is 17.  Chatt girls academy is 18. Greeneville is 21.

But Chatt town is the haven of Private schools in TN.  Baylor, Body Buchanan, NOtre Dame, McCallie, GPS.  

4 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

Chatt high for the arts is 9.  Science hill is 14.  Maryville is 17.  Chatt girls academy is 18. Greeneville is 21.

But Chatt town is the haven of Private schools in TN.  Baylor, Body Buchanan, NOtre Dame, McCallie, GPS.  

Those are great private schools for sure!  

Edited by Rockytopmojo7