Baylor vs Mccallie 1/25

FR615

On 1/22/2024 at 1:25 PM, littlejohnny said:

I will take Baylor somewhere in the 15-18 point range. Unless Baylor hauls in another great recruiting class, I would probably say the opposite next year. This McCallie team has a lot to be excited about in the future!

With it being confirmed that Baylor will be without two of their best tomorrow, I’m going to reverse my pick and anticipate coming home happy tomorrow night. 

Baylor now should see the risk in buying talent every year versus developing it. Not saying we haven’t bought some ourselves lol but at least we’ve developed some and still have kids coming up through our middle school program. After what transpired this week, could this be the beginning of the end for Baylor’s administration’s commitment to running a recruiting only program?

McCallie by fiddy! Go Big Blue!

28 minutes ago, FR615 said:

My final prediction Is Mccallie 42-24. If Rex and Baylor even make it competitive it will be a miracle. 

As a McCallie dad, I’d love for that score to happen BUT it’s gonna be close, really close. Baylor will jockey around to try and pull it off but we got a shot and it’s happening sooner than we expected. Thought it was for sure two years away. Maybe it still is but I know they are nervous 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

As a McCallie dad, I’d love for that score to happen BUT it’s gonna be close, really close. Baylor will jockey around to try and pull it off but we got a shot and it’s happening sooner than we expected. Thought it was for sure two years away. Maybe it still is but I know they are nervous 

They’ve been sweating all week over there! 

22 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

With it being confirmed that Baylor will be without two of their best tomorrow, I’m going to reverse my pick and anticipate coming home happy tomorrow night. 

Baylor now should see the risk in buying talent every year versus developing it. Not saying we haven’t bought some ourselves lol but at least we’ve developed some and still have kids coming up through our middle school program. After what transpired this week, could this be the beginning of the end for Baylor’s administration’s commitment to running a recruiting only program?

Largely uneducated post.  Boarding schools like Baylor and McCallie take in around 300 boarding students a year.  They kick out roughly 20 of those kids a year. Look up the attrition rate for NAIS member schools.  The next year, they fill back up at 200.   If Baylor and McCallie don’t fill those 300 beds with some athletes, who do you think they should fill them with? Violinist? Who would you put in those beds if you ran the school?  Baylor had 2-3 boarders in their lineup this year and McCallie has 2-3 as well.  Pretty small percentage. 

So talent who are developed from a young age, in house, are immune to making high school mistakes?  Got it.  I have to assume there has never been a kid at Soddy or Bradley who has ever gotten in trouble.  In fact, I have it on good authority that every kid in Soddy is a teetotaling virgin.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

Largely uneducated post.  Boarding schools like Baylor and McCallie take in around 300 boarding students a year.  They kick out roughly 20 of those kids a year. Look up the attrition rate for NAIS member schools.  The next year, they fill back up at 200.   If Baylor and McCallie don’t fill those 300 beds with some athletes, who do you think they should fill them with? Violinist? Who would you put in those beds if you ran the school?  Baylor had 2-3 boarders in their lineup this year and McCallie has 2-3 as well.  Pretty small percentage. 

So talent who are developed from a young age, in house, are immune to making high school mistakes?  Got it.  I have to assume there has never been a kid at Soddy or Bradley who has ever gotten in trouble.  In fact, I have it on good authority that every kid in Soddy is a teetotaling virgin.

Alright Bob I gotta give it to you, your second paragraph gave me a great laugh.  LOL!!!

I’m just joking around and stirring the pot a little since we might finally have a chance this year. 

34 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

If you don’t think Baylor is committed to wrestling and won’t bring in significant talent you are sadly mistaken. I don’t deny McCallie is building their program and on the uprise. This year is somewhat of a fluke due to a very unfortunate incident. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

Facts. 

1 hour ago, FR615 said:

If you don’t think Baylor is committed to wrestling and won’t bring in significant talent you are sadly mistaken. I don’t deny McCallie is building their program and on the uprise. This year is somewhat of a fluke due to a very unfortunate incident. 

I still think McCallie would beat Baylor had those two even stayed with the team. Think it would have been close but without those two pins at their weights, I’ll say McCallie by 12-14

but regardless it will be a great atmosphere and could stay closer than I’m predicting. 

Edited by TheTreyB

25 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

I still think McCallie would beat Baylor had those two even stayed with the team. Think it would have been close but without those two pins at their weights, I’ll say McCallie by 12-14

but regardless it will be a great atmosphere and could stay closer than I’m predicting. 

It would have been close but Baylor would have been a 5-10 point favorite. Mccallie would be a 5 point favorite favorite over Cleveland. If Rex keeps this match within 10 points tomorrow it will be a miracle. 

Edited by FR615

4 minutes ago, FR615 said:

It would have been close but Baylor would have been a 5-10 point favor. Mccallie would be a 5 point favorite favorite over Cleveland. If Rex keeps this match within 10 points tomorrow it will be a miracle. 

I don’t think Mccallie beats Cleveland. And I still think Mccallie wins outright with the two that’s off the team now. 

• Like 1