The coaching jobs nobody wants....AE, Central, HVA, and Carter. AE has the best youth program out of the 4.

22 hours ago, FootballJunkie077 said:

The coaches selling those fake dreams to those parents are just as guilty as the parent is for kids moving schools. 

That's true and then they allow them to play in 1 varsity game to make it harder for them to transfer out without a legal move into that high school zone.  

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

AE Baby Roadrunners had a team in every youth league championship besides the 10 U because they didn't fill a team. 7u Runner Ups, 8U champs, 9U champs, 11U /12U (6th and &7th Grade) Champs, 13/14U Runner Ups.  

I disagree with your statement about AE would never be back, I think with the right coach in hand (Like Stevens) they will be back and be able to keep players home.  I think the Cherry's have shown others that it can be done at AE if you just give AE a chance.  Look at the turn around the basketball team has had since Shane has been there.  With the right Coach, the football team can do the same.   

Many of the outside coaches uses the killing inside of AE as a recruiting tool.  I know a player that was told to tell the KCS transfer office that they were having nightmares of that incident and can't get an education at AE because of it, just to get the transfer approved.  Did it get approved, "Yes" but the coaches that did that recruiting didnt talk to the guardian so it backfired in their face.  Its Hard Being a Roadrunner and with the right coach, they will make it even harder to recruit AE's zoned kids.  I'm telling you the 8th and 7th graders from Vine Middle that's zoned for AE right now are all thinking /talking about going to AE and bringing the State Titles back in all sports. So never say AE won't be back because they will be making State runs sooner than you think.  

Stevens will be the coach. Should be announced next week. We will see if he can build a wall and block off the recruiters. I think the damage is too far gone.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

AE Baby Roadrunners had a team in every youth league championship besides the 10 U because they didn't fill a team. 7u Runner Ups, 8U champs, 9U champs, 11U /12U (6th and &7th Grade) Champs, 13/14U Runner Ups.  

I disagree with your statement about AE would never be back, I think with the right coach in hand (Like Stevens) they will be back and be able to keep players home.  I think the Cherry's have shown others that it can be done at AE if you just give AE a chance.  Look at the turn around the basketball team has had since Shane has been there.  With the right Coach, the football team can do the same.   

Many of the outside coaches uses the killing inside of AE as a recruiting tool.  I know a player that was told to tell the KCS transfer office that they were having nightmares of that incident and can't get an education at AE because of it, just to get the transfer approved.  Did it get approved, "Yes" but the coaches that did that recruiting didnt talk to the guardian so it backfired in their face.  Its Hard Being a Roadrunner and with the right coach, they will make it even harder to recruit AE's zoned kids.  I'm telling you the 8th and 7th graders from Vine Middle that's zoned for AE right now are all thinking /talking about going to AE and bringing the State Titles back in all sports. So never say AE won't be back because they will be making State runs sooner than you think.  

Also you seem like a smart guy so I'll give you a pass, but comparing basketball to football is not even close. One player can change a basketball team. Doesn't matter if you have Christian McCaffrey at AE if no one is there to block for him he will not do great. If Jared Goff came to AE but no OL and no WRs to throw to he wont have success. Send Luka Doncic to AE and they are a title contender instantly in bball. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2024 at 5:08 PM, Turtle said:

Yea I'm pretty sure we were watching 2 different games because Carter was winning that game 14-13 at halftime.  Then Carter went up 35-13, then AE scored to make it 35-20 and then Carter scored one more.  42-20 was the final score if I'm not mistaken.  3 bad years at AE and yall think they've been in the gutter for so long its funny.  I hope Graham or Stevens gets the job and we run rule all you haters out there. Halls, Carter, and anyone else that wants to say AE is lame. 

Yall can do way better than those two. 

8 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Also you seem like a smart guy so I'll give you a pass, but comparing basketball to football is not even close. One player can change a basketball team. Doesn't matter if you have Christian McCaffrey at AE if no one is there to block for him he will not do great. If Jared Goff came to AE but no OL and no WRs to throw to he wont have success. Send Luka Doncic to AE and they are a title contender instantly in bball. 

Line was fairly young this year … so we good there .  We are 1 or 2 play makers away .  Hopefully, the 8th graders will fulfill their commitment and come on up to AE.