The coaching jobs nobody wants....AE, Central, HVA, and Carter. AE has the best youth program out of the 4.

1 hour ago, GatorTDMaker said:

The game was on rivalry Thursday… AE had like 10 yards in the first half before scoring on a broken play and a long scramble by Cherry before halftime. They also scored a TD when carters JV team was in late in the 4th. 

i don’t think we watched the same game. It’s no offense to AE but the two aren’t comparable right now. Hopefully AE makes a good hire and all of their youth programs kids stop going to other schools. 

Carter Hornets are much better than Austin Roadrunners. Carter Hornets are not a powerhouse but they are better than Austin Roadrunners. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Just now, FootballJunkie077 said:

All are just feeder schools for the top Knoxville schools to pick from. Will continue to be mediocre until you find a way to stop that.  

You said it best. Pretty much every city Knoxville school is a feeder program for the upper tier of Knoxville schools. The sad part is I don't see this dynamic changing until something is done by Knox County. Once the one time transfer rule is approved there will be little chance of a school being able to break through the glass ceiling and get to that top tier imo.

• Upvote 2

We all know that AE is loaded with talent every year. Sure they have the best youth league in the county. They won a lot of knox county youth league championships. The ones they did not win I think they were at least in it. Turtle can correct me where I'm wrong. He and the other AE faithful also know that the  youth league teams do not make their way to AE for HS. Stevens was able to keep kids there but recruiting wasn't the same as it is now by any means. I don't think AE will ever be back. Too many parents living through their kids, taking hand outs of all types. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, GatorTDMaker said:

The game was on rivalry Thursday… AE had like 10 yards in the first half before scoring on a broken play and a long scramble by Cherry before halftime. They also scored a TD when carters JV team was in late in the 4th. 

i don’t think we watched the same game. It’s no offense to AE but the two aren’t comparable right now. Hopefully AE makes a good hire and all of their youth programs kids stop going to other schools. 

Yea I'm pretty sure we were watching 2 different games because Carter was winning that game 14-13 at halftime.  Then Carter went up 35-13, then AE scored to make it 35-20 and then Carter scored one more.  42-20 was the final score if I'm not mistaken.  3 bad years at AE and yall think they've been in the gutter for so long its funny.  I hope Graham or Stevens gets the job and we run rule all you haters out there. Halls, Carter, and anyone else that wants to say AE is lame. 

6 hours ago, TheRedDevil1986 said:

You said it best. Pretty much every city Knoxville school is a feeder program for the upper tier of Knoxville schools. The sad part is I don't see this dynamic changing until something is done by Knox County. Once the one time transfer rule is approved there will be little chance of a school being able to break through the glass ceiling and get to that top tier imo.

All it takes is the right coach to get land there.  Just continue thinking no changes will happen at AE.  You see how the basketball team has turned around, now its time for the football team to do it.  All it takes is the right coach.

23 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

We all know that AE is loaded with talent every year. Sure they have the best youth league in the county. They won a lot of knox county youth league championships. The ones they did not win I think they were at least in it. Turtle can correct me where I'm wrong. He and the other AE faithful also know that the  youth league teams do not make their way to AE for HS. Stevens was able to keep kids there but recruiting wasn't the same as it is now by any means. I don't think AE will ever be back. Too many parents living through their kids, taking hand outs of all types. 

AE Baby Roadrunners had a team in every youth league championship besides the 10 U because they didn't fill a team. 7u Runner Ups, 8U champs, 9U champs, 11U /12U (6th and &7th Grade) Champs, 13/14U Runner Ups.  

I disagree with your statement about AE would never be back, I think with the right coach in hand (Like Stevens) they will be back and be able to keep players home.  I think the Cherry's have shown others that it can be done at AE if you just give AE a chance.  Look at the turn around the basketball team has had since Shane has been there.  With the right Coach, the football team can do the same.   

Many of the outside coaches uses the killing inside of AE as a recruiting tool.  I know a player that was told to tell the KCS transfer office that they were having nightmares of that incident and can't get an education at AE because of it, just to get the transfer approved.  Did it get approved, "Yes" but the coaches that did that recruiting didnt talk to the guardian so it backfired in their face.  Its Hard Being a Roadrunner and with the right coach, they will make it even harder to recruit AE's zoned kids.  I'm telling you the 8th and 7th graders from Vine Middle that's zoned for AE right now are all thinking /talking about going to AE and bringing the State Titles back in all sports. So never say AE won't be back because they will be making State runs sooner than you think.  

14 hours ago, justafan75 said:

HVA got a coach before AE and Central....

HVA was the 2nd ones to announce of the coach stepping down.  I'm just shocked Central haven't hired anyone yet.  AE will be making an announcement before 2/1/2024.  That snow storm pushed things back