DB Basketball.

bdawg122712

8 hours ago, Stinger24 said:

Is DB young? Is this a rebuilding year, or a drought of talent in the area?

Both. Young and also rebuilding. I don't know if you could say there's a drought of talent because of one down year. The JV team is good, and the freshman team is awesome. So, plenty of talent on the way. 

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Both. Young and also rebuilding. I don't know if you could say there's a drought of talent because of one down year. The JV team is good, and the freshman team is awesome. So, plenty of talent on the way. 

every program going through seasons like this at some point. DB will bounce back strong.  I have heard great things about Poore. 

23 hours ago, Stinger24 said:

every program going through seasons like this at some point. DB will bounce back strong.  I have heard great things about Poore. 

Poore is a great coach and DB is lucky to have him. When he got the job I actually had some bad things to say about it. Not against Poore personally but couldn't see how they were doing a national search for a head coach and end up finding one in Jefferson County. I still say they got lucky. As for DB bouncing back, on varsity there is one senior and two juniors, and the rest are sophomores, the JV team is good, the freshman team is awesome. Last night the freshman beat Science Hill 73-43. Also, John Sevier beat Maryville last night 50-36 to advance to the sectional championship game. So, DB fans (and haters) just need to chill. Help is on the way. We have some awesome players coming up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey wacky 

ever ask yourself why so very few juniors and only 1 senior????????

Lucky you say???  Why this happen every year???  The junior class was supposed to be the next great squad to be but now you say it’s the 9th and 10th???  From where I sat tonight, looks like SH gonna be who u need to worry about….those kids seem to like each other and even like the coaches!

Really impressed with the job Higgins is doing right now at Science Hill. That’s a young team who had an awful season last year. He’s really turned them around in Year 2. He seems like a good guy and his players really seem to like him. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

Really impressed with the job Higgins is doing right now at Science Hill. That’s a young team who had an awful season last year. He’s really turned them around in Year 2. He seems like a good guy and his players really seem to like him. 

Exactly what I’ve been saying!!!

22 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Hey wacky 

ever ask yourself why so very few juniors and only 1 senior????????

Lucky you say???  Why this happen every year???  The junior class was supposed to be the next great squad to be but now you say it’s the 9th and 10th???  From where I sat tonight, looks like SH gonna be who u need to worry about….those kids seem to like each other and even like the coaches!

You and a box of rocks, no difference. You won't be on here running your mouth next year, or the year after, or the year after. In fact, it's going to be a long time, so be as silly as you want this year. 

23 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying!!!

Wrong. You were on here bashing them along with every other team in upper east tn. Their record was 8-9 up until the last of December and you were bashing away. Then they turned it around and win about 9 in a row and you're chasing their band wagon down the street trying to jump on. You're that clown in the parade handing out candy to the little kids. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Wrong. You were on here bashing them along with every other team in upper east tn. Their record was 8-9 up until the last of December and you were bashing away. Then they turned it around and win about 9 in a row and you're chasing their band wagon down the street trying to jump on. You're that clown in the parade handing out candy to the little kids. 

Higgins definitely turning it around this year but saw where they barely beat a really young Unicoi team last night who’s toward the bottom of 3A. Is the 3A league pretty good?  Big 4 tourney  should be a good one.

4 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I did the book for Wesr ridge freshmen vs FB yesterday and was amazed at how good DB were. They won 80-44 with their best player out with an injury. They had good height and were aggressive and could shoot a nasty 3

They're a really good group, and they have really good players on both sides of them. Meaning the JV team is really good and most of the varsity is Sophomore's, then you have the John Sevier 8th grade that just beat Maryville to advance to the sectional championship game. The cupboard is full. DB should be really good for the next 4 years.