DB Basketball.

bdawg122712

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Little bit off topic from all the DB bashing, but it seems The Hill has started hitting their stride as of late.

They are slowly starting to look like the old Hill again. I expect things in upper east tn. will get back to normal for the next several years and it will be all between DB and SH once again. Restoring the natural order of things you might say. 

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They are slowly starting to look like the old Hill again. I expect things in upper east tn. will get back to normal for the next several years and it will be all between DB and SH once again. Restoring the natural order of things you might say. 

Yeah, they are, I’ve been keeping up with their scores. Yeah things will get back to normal soon. Every team has down years every now and again. 

7 minutes ago, Southern said:

What is DB record this year? are they in jeopardy of losing the lead in all time wins? I thought I saw the team in second was 20-0 at one point.

I would use that old saying that having the lead in all time wins and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee. But the average price for a cup of coffee is almost $5.00 now. 

1 hour ago, Southern said:

What is DB record this year? are they in jeopardy of losing the lead in all time wins? I thought I saw the team in second was 20-0 at one point.

8-11 as of right now.  Will probably drop to 8-12 tonight, but should improve to 9-12 tomorrow against Volunteer.

Remaining schedule:

• Tonight at South Greene
  • Tuesday at Volunteer
  • Friday at Science Hill
  • February 6 vs. Morristown West
  • February 9 at West Ridge
  • February 10 vs. Gate City (VA)
  • February 12 vs. Greeneville

Volunteer is the only for sure win left.  South Greene blitzed us at home earlier in the season without the Halls transfer.  Rest of the opponents were close games the first go round except Gate City who we haven't played yet, but are one of the top teams in southwest Virginia this season.

Edited by TribalEmpire

On 1/27/2024 at 3:19 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Your whole deal is you don't like the coaches. I don't remember ever seeing you on here last year or the season before. My guess is you're a x-player that couldn't make the team or got kicked off the team. Maybe you're the parent of said x-player. You're just two persistent with your bashing. It's very clear you've got an axe to grind. 

DB started the season with one senior, no real leader on the court. Everybody knew it would be a rough season, but figured the team would improve as the season went along. That hasn't happened. They've dropped 7 in a row. Six of those they should have won. They're not getting blown out. Most of the games they've lost have been winnable. There's just no leadership on the court and no go to guy this year. Not having a home court is also taking its toll. 

Help is on the way. This team is young, and they'll get better. The JV team is good, and the freshman team is awesome. 

I think that surely anybody that has read my post on CoachT over the years knows I've been hard on the coaches when they deserve it. Sometimes over the top hard on the coaches.  Anyone who blames the coach in this case is a fool. The guy brought DB basketball from the trash heap in just a few short years. Three straight state tournament appearances and a State Championship in 2022. How soon you forget. Everybody just chill. Rebelboy can have his fun this year. He'll disappear next year. 

With the enrollment over 2,400 students, this should never happen.  2400 STUDENTS.  The ole saying, if you get beat 20 the other team has more talent.  If you keep getting beat by a few points, it's coaching.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wolves2022 said:

With the enrollment over 2,400 students, this should never happen.  2400 STUDENTS.  The ole saying, if you get beat 20 the other team has more talent.  If you keep getting beat by a few points, it's coaching.

You people blaming the coaching at DB are sounding pretty ridiculous. 

Just got home from DB at South Greene, SG matched up well with DB and outshot and out rebounded the Indians for the entire first half. Second half was different, as DB shot and rebounded better and took the game away from a surprised South Greene team. 

DB players of note were #20 post and #2, who looks like he spends lots of time in the weight room. Any chance he's on the football team at DB?

It was a game worth watching, Congrats to Dobyns Bennett for never quitting. There was a sparse crowd from Kingsport, which didn't seem to have any effect on the Indians, who won a game in a very difficult place to play a road game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Just got home from DB at South Greene, SG matched up well with DB and outshot and out rebounded the Indians for the entire first half. Second half was different, as DB shot and rebounded better and took the game away from a surprised South Greene team. 

DB players of note were #20 post and #2, who looks like he spends lots of time in the weight room. Any chance he's on the football team at DB?

It was a game worth watching, Congrats to Dobyns Bennett for never quitting. There was a sparse crowd from Kingsport, which didn't seem to have any effect on the Indians, who won a game in a very difficult place to play a road game.

It was a good game.  2nd half it seemed like SG played a little too soft and let their feet off the gas.  A lot of pushing and grabbing jerseys in the 2nd half. Both teams could’ve played smarter on defense.  SG made some silly fouls there at the end, including a flagrant that pushed the game out of reach.  I don’t think it should have been called a flagrant, but I don’t think it would’ve matter??? DB got the momentum and coach Poor’s 4th qtr coaching helped the team keep it and get the victory. SG was definitely the better team on the court tonight, but credit to the DB players and coaches for keeping their feet on the gas. As this DB team keeps maturing, they’re gonna be tough, especially next season. SG is good and I think they have a legitimate shot. Looking forward to seeing how they do come bracket time.  

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 1