Clarkrange High School boys basketball.

So much talent has went through Clarkrange in the past and present years, and not much to show for it. A lot of it was past coaching. I heard Gary Clark radio announcer interviewimg the present coach at Clarkrange the other night, the coach said he didn't know what was wrong with the boys because at the beginning of the season. They where all fired up, hustling, and playing really good but now they're not and don't know why. Well let me give you my opinion, after watching most of the games this year my opinion is it is the coaching as in the past for several years. I see very little respect towards the coach from the players, every game you'll have a different starting  five players. The season is almost over and if you don't know who your best five players are by now, then you need to let it go, step out of the role, and then maybe Fcboe can find a good one. Just my opinion,  not everyone will agree but a lot will.

1 minute ago, rammerjammer2 said:

FCBOE doesn’t decide who coaches Clarkrange boys basketball. The Clarkrange AD does and I’ll just leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, rammerjammer2 said:

FCBOE doesn’t decide who coaches Clarkrange boys basketball. The Clarkrange AD does and I’ll just leave it at that. 

Well bad decision on his part. Must have been desperate. 

11 hours ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

Well bad decision on his part. Must have been desperate. 

Hiring a first time head coach two times in a row and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. It’s going to take commitment, time and trust between all parties involved. I thought at the end of last year CR boys were playing much better than at anytime during the past 2 years and I was excited to see them compete this year, I even said it on here they would compete. Then they canned the coach who developed the kids despite getting blown out and taking plenty of beat downs. The Coach now didn’t endure any of that with these boys and I believe they probably resent him a little. Respect is earned not just given because of a title! They have talent for sure but everyone has to be on the same page even the fans! 

On 2/2/2024 at 9:51 PM, rammerjammer2 said:

The boys will never be successful with the current set up. It’s all about the girls and that has pretty much ran its course seems like. With most the girls staying on the north end to play now.  

On 2/3/2024 at 11:01 AM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Hiring a first time head coach two times in a row and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. It’s going to take commitment, time and trust between all parties involved. I thought at the end of last year CR boys were playing much better than at anytime during the past 2 years and I was excited to see them compete this year, I even said it on here they would compete. Then they canned the coach who developed the kids despite getting blown out and taking plenty of beat downs. The Coach now didn’t endure any of that with these boys and I believe they probably resent him a little. Respect is earned not just given because of a title! They have talent for sure but everyone has to be on the same page even the fans! 

Clarkrange Buffalo has got mercy ruled to many times this season Livingston Wildcats, Stone Panthers, and Pickett Bobcats all mercy ruled Clarkrange Buffalo this season. Livingston Wildcats mercy ruled them twice in the second game they played. When a team gets mercy ruled twice in one game then the team is not trying hard enough. Clarkrange Buffalo should not be getting mercy ruled at all much less twice in one game. It should not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

On 2/12/2024 at 3:05 PM, LDFL24 said:

From what I know (take it however).. The AD didn't hire this coach nor does he really want him around from word on the street. School districts/boards are ultimately responsible for hiring and firing not the AD. 

The AD (coach rogers) don't care anything about any other sport other than his girls team. 

• CoachT locked this topic