Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

3 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Cleveland Raiders did a good job beating Summit Spartans 38-26. Summit Spartans were too good to get mercy ruled. I knew it would not happen. Cleveland Raiders came close to losing to Halls Devils in the final game. I told everyone that Cleveland Raiders would win the state championship but nobody wanted to believe me. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. The Soddy Trojans were at this match on the weekend and said they could beat Cleveland Raiders. I do not think it would have happened. Cleveland Raiders were too good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Captain Guru, make sure you tell Chat GPT that we forfeited the last SIX matches against Halls so it can update its understanding. Want to get that one right in the next Captain Guru AI generated response. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KidGloves said:

Dobbyns Bennet will end the empire next year.

I hope they got 7 - 8 more Mason Jakobs and Max and Titus Normans. If not, I don’t think so. If Noah Watkins goes to DB, that will help, but I think they will still be a few thoroughbreds short of a derby. Not a knock at all by the way. It’s good for the sport when there are several teams that can win. Would have been fun to see what DB would have done last weekend if Max and Titus did not end up at Baylor.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

that is what I have seen with most schools, So I'm not sure where all Mr Roller has been with his son(which if I'm not mistaken he went to a private school), but Soddy Daisy has been lucky to have the round gym for its existence(although before 1983 when the new school opened, my dad had to share the basketball courts with the wrestling team which wasn't any good back in the day! We were lucky and I do think that helped Coach Henry build the program we had back in the 90's, we had that gym and we could use it at any time we chose to do so! 

Around me :

Gibbs-Wrestling Room

Pigeon Forge-Wrestling Room

Halls -Wrestling Room

SESI-Wrestling Room

Heritage-Wrestling Room

Hardin Valley-Wrestling Area behind Bleachers

Seymour-Wrestling Room

Alcoa-Wrestling Area behind Bleachers

Anderson County-Wrestling Area behind Bleachers 

DB- Wrestling Room

and I’m pretty sure Greeneville, Mo West, Jeff County, and Science Hill have rooms  

Arlington 

Bartlett 

Signal???

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Around me :

Gibbs-Wrestling Room

Halls -Wrestling Room

SESI-Wrestling Room

Heritage-Wrestling Room

Seymour-Wrestling Room

DB- Wrestling Room

and I’m pretty sure Greeneville, Mo West, Jeff County, and Science Hill have rooms  

Arlington 

Bartlett 

Signal???

I think only 2 in Williamson county don’t have one. Summit and Indy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Around me :

Gibbs-Wrestling Room

Halls -Wrestling Room

SESI-Wrestling Room

Heritage-Wrestling Room

Seymour-Wrestling Room

DB- Wrestling Room

Arlington 

Bartlett 

Signal???

Do ANY of those rooms or areas come anywhere NEAR the Jones Center?

My guess is not even in the slightest. 

20 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Around me :

Gibbs-Wrestling Room

Halls -Wrestling Room

SESI-Wrestling Room

Heritage-Wrestling Room

Seymour-Wrestling Room

DB- Wrestling Room

Arlington 

Bartlett 

Signal???

So there may be schools without rooms I don’t know about, but most of the schools that are staples in wrestling have a dedicated room or area.  So saying Cleveland having a room gives them an advantage over Knox Central or Knoxville Powell could be true, but how is it an advantage to all these other wrestling staples that have rooms also?

Edited by CdotRoller
Incomplete sentence

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

So there may be schools without rooms I don’t know about, but most of the schools that are staples in wrestling have a dedicated room or area.  So saying Cleveland having a room gives them an advantage over Knox Central or Knoxville Powell, but how is it an advantage to all these other wrestling staples that have rooms also?

They have rooms to wreslte in. Cleveland has the Jones Center. 

Idk what all the fuss is. If someone invested the kind of money that has been put into Cleveland they'd find the same success. They'd find successful coaches. They'd build the nicest facilities. Does that mean they wouldnt have to work to get it? OF F&*^&*G COURSE NOT. 

But i have no clue how people think that getting more money donated to them than any other program in the state doenst contribute to their success at all. Its arrogance and ignorance. 

Now let me tell you what is going to happen. After me saying Cleveland gets more money donated to them than any other program @TheTreyB will chime in and say "but but but other schools get money too" and completely run around my ENTIRE argument. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Do ANY of those rooms or areas come anywhere NEAR the Jones Center?

My guess is not even in the slightest. 

Because the Jones Center can host matches?

I mean you’re reaching. You continually move the goal post…first it was most schools don’t have a room…now it’s the size of the room. 

OR 

Jones funds us now…(I have paid for everything to be on our team, including driving from Knoxville 3-4 times per week)  to well he set you up 25 years ago for what you have now. 

I have no clue who funds or funded what…all I know is Coach Bosken setup a practice schedule and we’re in the room as much as we can be.  My son practices hard, has great partners and great coaches and all that together makes really good wrestlers.  The size of the room or none of the amenities that you think are so impactful have anything to do with the product HCWC puts out.  My son was a pretty good wrestler when we came there…he’s only gotten better since he’s been there. 

Edited by CdotRoller

1 minute ago, CdotRoller said:

I mean you’re reaching. You continually move the goal post…first it was most schools don’t have a room…now it’s the size of the room. 

OR 

Jones funds us now…(I have paid for everything to be on our team, including driving from Knoxville 3-4 times per week)  to well he set you up 25 years ago for what you have now. 

I have no clue who funds or funded what…all I know is Coach Bosken setup a practice schedule and we’re in the room as much as we can be.  My son practices hard, has great partners and great coaches and all that together makes really good wrestlers.  The size of the room or none of the amenities that you think are so impactful have nothing to do with the product HCWC puts out.  My son was a pretty good wrestler when we came there…he’s only gotten better since he’s been there. 

i never one time said most schools dont have a room. 

I siad no schools have the jones center. and its so much more than just "hosting matches". 

you cleveland parents and fans are just on a different level of arrogance. 

money contributes to success and cleveland has more money than anybody

5 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

i never one time said most schools dont have a room. 

I siad no schools have the jones center. and its so much more than just "hosting matches". 

you cleveland parents and fans are just on a different level of arrogance. 

money contributes to success and cleveland has more money than anybody

You make a lot of excuses. 

So tell me where the money allotted to my son has gone?  We haven’t received a penny…so tell me what I need to go ask Mr Jones for? 
10k?  Partnership?  Unlimited singlets and shoes? A parking spot outside the Jones Center?  Maybe I can get the locker room named after me?  

You keep saying we’re arrogant, No. I simply don’t have a clue as to what you’re talking about. You’re on here slandering our program and our coaches. I don’t know a single family that doesn’t pay their own tab for everything. 

I mean you seem to have it all figured out…find you a donor and recreate Cleveland, it’s nothing special, just money. 

14 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

OR 

I have no clue who funds or funded what…all I know is Coach Bosken setup a practice schedule and we’re in the room as much as we can be.  My son practices hard, has great partners and great coaches and all that together makes really good wrestlers.  The size of the room or none of the amenities that you think are so impactful have anything to do with the product HCWC puts out.  My son was a pretty good wrestler when we came there…he’s only gotten better since he’s been there. 

again, lots of schools don't have rooms, we aren't talking about the cream of the crop, which the ones you listed would be part of and would also go to prove having a wrestling room DOES give a school an advantage. Because they can practice without jumping through hoops to get practice time OR scheduling a dual meet or even a tournament! Shows how well Summit is coached to be where they are and not have a practice room! I think  Tullahoma who was Small school RU doesn't have a wrestling room to their selves! I don't think Franklin High who used to be really good in wrestling has a wrestling room either, although not 100% sure of that. But again, you proved my point that the small time(but big schools) that dont have a wrestling room tend to not be all that good in wrestling. Also if you count a little area behind the bleachers like Alcoa deals with I'm not really sure that counts as a wrestling room that is distinctly for wrestling only!