Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

55 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

Since you like to do research about where money comes from…who paid for the equipment in the Bradley room?  Who paid the building off when Toby filed for bankruptcy?  Be careful to think that Bradley hasn’t been taken care of. 

I do know that came from Jones, have said as much if you would like to read some responses I have posted! I also just said that Bradley's stuff does not come close to Cleveland's it's not even close! Just like when Allan turned away Ben Smith when he tried to go to Allan and show him how much money they had gotten that season from fundraising and was told he was lying and that he would not match the money they stated they had collected! So no, they haven't been taken care of even close to what Cleveland has! 

1 hour ago, GruncleD said:

Josh has done an outstanding job and built the program to what it is today. But Higher Calling was started before he got to Cleveland. Mike Hatcher came before Josh and he was helped by ones like Pete Miller and Danny Coleman. Josh has just  taken HCWC to a different and higher level. And the building is nice, thank you Allan.

but YET HCWC was funded by Allan Jones, again, do I need to link the article in which Josh himself stated so? So yeah, Hatcher, Danny Coleman and Phillips all helped out along the way, HOWEVER it took the step to HCWC when Josh Bosken asked Allan Jones for a substantial amount of money to get the program off the ground! 

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

for the love of god you don't have much reading comprehension. The fact that Jones started the program with HIS Money is the reason most likely that Josh was able to setup and do HCWC! He went hat in hand to Allan Jones, heck he has stated so himself and asked for the money to start the program, IF that money wasn't given and Jones told him to pound sand, HCWC might not have EVER been started! Josh had a dream and a 6 year plan! If the money wasn't given he might have had to go elsewhere to start HCWC and maybe that elsewhere has a dominant program and Cleveland would have been where they were in the late 90's and early 2000's as second fiddle to schools like Bradley and even Soddy Daisy! Instead Allan gave the money and started a program that no one else was building in the state! So this was before your son's time as a big time wrestler or even going to HCWC. None of us are saying that hard work hasn't helped build that program, but without Allan Jones that program might not have ever gotten off the ground and it seems everyone is to stupid to understand or see that! Even Mark Smith at the time wasn't giving the money he is now, HCWC was funded by Allan Jones to start and if not for him there might not be a HCWC at Cleveland, Josh might have had to go elsewhere since I don't think his dream would have just died, but as they say, to make a fortune, you most of the time have to start with one! They have built on what was paid for to start, now they can afford to pay good coaches to come in and help with all that!    So you can defend all you want and think its going after Josh, BUT in an interview he himself stated he had the dream and went to Allan to make that come true! Since then the hard work has built them into the dominant program they are at now!  Also been in Jones Center many many times, there isn't another place like it in the state and that even includes the wrestling room at Bradley! 

So by your logic since the Dallas Cowboys are the wealthiest team in the world, built a state of the art stadium, and have a Billionaire owner…they should still be winning Championships now.  

What you and Ummmno fail to realize is culture matters!  Coaches matter!  And not having a losers mentality like you two would be an excellent place to start if you’re looking for a culture change.  I’ve never seen people in a wrestling community make these weak, “woe is me” statements!  Wrestling is a sport where you persevere regardless of the circumstances.  You find a way to win to get what you want. If you as parents are sitting around telling your kids that they can’t make it because the other club has a nicer building and more money…you’re the problem. Winners Win.  If your kids are in a room looking at the walls thinking how much better another wrestling room is, I promise you they ain’t beating us. My son isn’t at Cleveland because of the facilities, he’s there because of the people inside the building.  I sure he appreciates the foundation that was laid well before he was a twinkle in my eyes, but I don’t think it even crosses his mind whether the room is nice, or big, or is the “nicest in the state” because he’s focused on wrestling.  

If what you guys is saying is true, rewind 2-3 years ago, when upper East Tennessee was probably a little stronger than the Chattanooga area.  How did the Dupill brothers, Kodiak, Hunter Mason, Brayden Ivy, Colby Dalon, Max Norman, Caleb Wolfe, Lance Williams, Hunter Sturgill, and my son have any level of success?!?!?  We didn’t have Cleveland’s facilities. We were wrestling in a dungeon looking facility that barely fit a mat in it.  You know why because those kids don’t have a loser’s mentality making a ton of excuses about how bad they got it!  “Oh Cleveland has better faculties than UTC and App St”  if anything let your kids be a testament to how hard work pays off and adversity can make you stronger. 

As much as you guys hate Cleveland put that fire in your belly to use. Have you guys paid for your club coaches?  Paid for better facilities?  Done any fundraising?  If not then put your money where your mouth is and build this juggernaut you claim is so easy to make with money.  Grown men bashing and slandering kids because you have a ton of resentment because you want to be the first place finisher in the victim Olympics. 

• Like 1

lazy, I've even posted on another thread the 501C tax information of HCWC, being a non-profit they are required to file those tax documents and they are available for everyone to be able to see, I'm no longer doing your research for you or telling you anything else, since it seems I know more about the club than you do! I pointed out that someone OR a foundation gives money directly to Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley county to the tune of 14-15k each year and that money is also DEDICATED to HCWC, they cannot by law give that money to anyone else since it is earmarked for HCWC, so it could be Allan Jones, It could be Jones Foundation or it could be someone none of us even know since it is put in anonymously and with that the foundation cannot give out who the guarantor is! But I would bet it isn't you or another parent of a wrestler(s) that has been through the program at an annual 14-15(since I am not wasting my time to give you the exact number since you won't listen anyways!)

Edited by cobrakid8

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

So by your logic since the Dallas Cowboys are the wealthiest team in the world, built a state of the art stadium, and have a Billionaire owner…they should still be winning Championships now.  

What you and Ummmno fail to realize is culture matters!  Coaches matter!  And not having a losers mentality like you two would be an excellent place to start if you’re looking for a culture change.  I’ve never seen people in a wrestling community make these weak, “woe is me” statements!  Wrestling is a sport where you persevere regardless of the circumstances.  You find a way to win to get what you want. If you as parents are sitting around telling your kids that they can’t make it because the other club has a nicer building and more money…you’re the problem. Winners Win.  If your kids are in a room looking at the walls thinking how much better another wrestling room is, I promise you they ain’t beating us. My son isn’t at Cleveland because of the facilities, he’s there because of the people inside the building.  I sure he appreciates the foundation that was laid well before he was a twinkle in my eyes, but I don’t think it even crosses his mind whether the room is nice, or big, or is the “nicest in the state” because he’s focused on wrestling.  

If what you guys is saying is true, rewind 2-3 years ago, when upper East Tennessee was probably a little stronger than the Chattanooga area.  How did the Dupill brothers, Kodiak, Hunter Mason, Brayden Ivy, Colby Dalon, Max Norman, Caleb Wolfe, Lance Williams, Hunter Sturgill, and my son have any level of success?!?!?  We didn’t have Cleveland’s facilities. We were wrestling in a dungeon looking facility that barely fit a mat in it.  You know why because those kids don’t have a loser’s mentality making a ton of excuses about how bad they got it!  “Oh Cleveland has better faculties than UTC and App St”  if anything let your kids be a testament to how hard work pays off and adversity can make you stronger. 

As much as you guys hate Cleveland put that fire in your belly to use. Have you guys paid for your club coaches?  Paid for better facilities?  Done any fundraising?  If not then put your money where your mouth is and build this juggernaut you claim is so easy to make with money.  Grown men bashing and slandering kids because you have a ton of resentment because you want to be the first place finisher in the victim Olympics. 

Nobody ever "slandered" or put down anybody, especially the kids. Ya'll are literally making up scenarios in your head.

The only thing we've said, and continue to say, and you ALL keep dancing around, is that Cleveland gets more money in donations than any other program. And by getting more money they're set up for success more than other programs.  Not that the coaches are bad, not that the kids don't work hard, not that other schools dont get donations, not that the parents don't invest their own time and money etc etc etc

You want to play victim so badly you're making things up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Nobody ever "slandered" or put down anybody, especially the kids. Ya'll are literally making up scenarios in your head.

The only thing we've said, and continue to say, and you ALL keep dancing around, is that Cleveland gets more money in donations than any other program. And by getting more money they're set up for success more than other programs.  Not that the coaches are bad, not that the kids don't work hard, not that other schools dont get donations, not that the parents don't invest their own time and money etc etc etc

You want to play victim so badly you're making things up. 

I’ve asked 3 times to tell me what money my son got. If you can’t do that then yes YOU ARE LYING about HCWC’s funding/helping him. 

So again…what money did my son receive?

Edited by CdotRoller

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

ummm, you do know that they have a salary cap! That might be the dumbest effort on here that I have seen and that is saying a lot based upon some of the Cleveland takes we have seen on here! 

Also I don't hate Cleveland, have nothing against them! You might think that and I really don't care what you think! Also if you think it's slander you might want to go and look up what that word actually means, because you must not know it! Also I never said the kids were good because they were given money to be there, that's also a stupid assumption you have made and you know what assume means!  However, to have a fanbase as dumb and uneducated about things or the lack of common sense is what is funny about it all!  So yeah, once I make my first million I will make sure to give some to Soddy Daisy and the SDWA, but I'm not worth over 700 million a year and I like to spend my own money on my own kids that don't participate in this sport!

Also you did prove that money and resources did make a huge difference, every program you showed that is top level for the most part has the money for a wrestling only room and some even have buildings, I've known guys for years that tried to get programs off the ground and failed, heck even one is up there at ole Cleveland and left a head coaching job at a small school to do so!  

Ill make this very very easy. 

@TheTreyB @Rasslinking @CdotRoller @BOUNCE

Yes or no. No side stepping. No inventing things we have not said...

CLEVELAND gets more money in donations than any program in the state. YES OR NO does having that advantage set them up for success more so than other programs in the state who receive LESS money in donations?

2 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

I’ve asked 3 times to tell me what money my son got. If you can’t do that then yes YOU ARE LYING about HCWC’s funding/helping him. 

So again…what money did my son receive?

good lord you are absolutely insufferable. I NEVER SAID YOU OR YOUR CHILD RECEIVED MONEY. 

i said the CLEVELAND PROGRAM received money. 

Just now, Ummmno said:

Ill make this very very easy. 

@TheTreyB @Rasslinking @CdotRoller @BOUNCE

Yes or no. No side stepping. No inventing things we have not said...

CLEVELAND gets more money in donations than any program in the state. YES OR NO does having that advantage set them up for success more so than other programs in the state who receive LESS money in donations?

I have no idea!!!

I’m from Knoxville. 
My son hasn’t received a penny. 
My son was NOT recruited. 
I pay for every event we go to!

I pay for travel!

I pay for gear!

I pay team fees!

and every single parent I know does the same, no exceptions. 

This blanket statement that Jones funds the program therefore you’re only good because of it is beyond ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

good lord you are absolutely insufferable. I NEVER SAID YOU OR YOUR CHILD RECEIVED MONEY. 

i said the CLEVELAND PROGRAM received money. 

So you’re implying that that money somehow benefits the HCWC wrestlers to the point it’s unfair to everyone else.  

Thats ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1