Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

Just now, FrecoFanatic said:

I am excited about the individual. It’s a different dynamic. You guys have some race horses that are going to make the team race very fun. I hope ours are ready to run, because I know your guys will be.

I’ve always said traditional is our best shot. We are a good dual team but individuals is where we should do well

1 minute ago, BOUNCE said:

At some point the streak will end....the whole state will be joyed to the point of near death .....but I think it will be a few years.  all I can say is it was a pleasure to get to meet you and watch your son wrestle and I will be watching him and cheering him on as a OSU suckeye!

Thank you. It’s a joy to watch Trae. Landon has looked up to him since he was little. He’s a great role model. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, texas23 said:

Heck, even I know some of those stories and I have not lived in Cleveland for probably 40 years.  This is wise advice.  

17 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Be careful @Humorist before you start speaking other people’s stories if you have not been completely honest about yours. Those same people might “explain in further detail” about you. Now I am not saying you have not been completely honest, we have had some conversations that were ALL cordial. I am just saying be careful threatening to open up that can of worms. There is no need to do that anyway. Everyone has their own reasons why they are where they are. None of those include being paid to come to Cleveland using Allan Jones’ money. That is all I am saying.

Haha….I’ve been completely honest. Your right no need to go there. But the BS needs and will stop. I’m sure Freco if and when you see me out nothing will be said. I’m sure you’ll be as cordial as they come and snide remarks behind the back. Especially since your new to the area. Just like your boy Trey B. Come to the defense of him. But everything I’ve said is the truth. You can take it or leave it. Really doesn’t matter to me. Especially if you think you can put me in my place. Cordial please. I want nothing more than to take a paint scraper and go and scrape my name off that wall and cut my face out of the team pics. That program has disgraced some Legacy names. And that’s why you’ll never see them in there to support again. I mean we were disgraced at our own celebration. I mean how can you mention the names of Heath Eslinger, Damon Floyd, and Travis Adam’s at a Cleveland celebration. Not only that but have Alan Patterson cradling a Red Bank kid on the jumbo tron at the football game. They dont care about us. Never have…never will. I ain’t scared of ya by any means. 

Edited by Humorist

1 minute ago, Humorist said:

Haha….I’ve been completely honest. Your right no need to go there. But the BS needs and will stop. I’m sure Freco if and when you see me out nothing will be said. I’m sure you’ll be as cordial as they come and snide remarks behind the back. Especially since your new to the area. Just like your boy Trey B. Come to the defense of him. But everything I’ve said is the truth. You can take it or leave it. Really doesn’t matter to me. Especially if you think you can put me in my place. Cordial please. I want nothing more than to take a paint scraper and go and scrape my name off that wall and cut my face out of the team pics. That program has disgraced some Legacy names. And that’s why you’ll never see them in there to support again. I ain’t scared of ya by any means. 

Look man. I was just trying to do you a favor by telling you to be careful making those threats. I don’t know you that well. I have full intention of shaking your hand and being pleasant next time I see you, just as I always have. I have no ill will towards you about anything. I don’t know what you have and have not done, I just know it’s not a good idea to threaten to “tell everyone’s stories” because that can come back to bite you. You have always been nice to me, and I have always been nice to you. I appreciate all the alumni and the legacy of Cleveland wrestling my guy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Look man. I was just trying to do you a favor by telling you to be careful making those threats. I don’t know you that well. I have full intention of shaking your hand and being pleasant next time I see you, just as I always have. I have no ill will towards you about anything. I don’t know what you have and have not done, I just know it’s not a good idea to threaten to “tell everyone’s stories” because that can come back to bite you. You have always been nice to me, and I have always been nice to you. I appreciate all the alumni and the legacy of Cleveland wrestling my guy.

I’m done with Cleveland and the BS. But remember we were here before you guys and we will be here afterwards. Enjoy your moment. 

2 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

You are not getting off that easy bro. You brought that up to insinuate Allan was paying athletes to come to our club. If you were not, then why did you throw that in Roller’s face? The money Allan apparently gave Eli benefited one person…Eli. You stuck your foot in your mouth and now you are trying to act like you knew who Eli was and what his relationship to Allan was.

Never said he did, so not getting off easy, again reading comprehension helps! I was looking through the financials of Allan Jones Foundation and found it interesting when I said he gave a scholarship worth over 3,300 to an Eli Lane scholarship. So I looked it up and sure enough there was a whole story I posted about it in which YES Allan gave the young man a 3300 scholarship. Seems the kid is no longer wrestling or got injured but either way, money for a HCWC did go directly to him from Allan Jones. Doesn’t matter reason why but it did happen! 

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

Never said he did, so not getting off easy, again reading comprehension helps! I was looking through the financials of Allan Jones Foundation and found it interesting when I said he gave a scholarship worth over 3,300 to an Eli Lane scholarship. So I looked it up and sure enough there was a whole story I posted about it in which YES Allan gave the young man a 3300 scholarship. Seems the kid is no longer wrestling or got injured but either way, money for a HCWC did go directly to him from Allan Jones. Doesn’t matter reason why but it did happen! 

Yeah, but it seems to all of us like you are trying to spin it like Allan does pay people to come wrestle for Cleveland. The one example you come up with that you tried to throw in Roller’s face was a kid that never went to Cleveland, nor was he going to ever go to Cleveland, who’s dad is good friends with Allan and was being helped out because of that. It’s honestly kind of funny. Keep digging. You might find where Allan actually sponsored someone who wrestles for us.  I mean @Ummmno seems to know we are paying kids to come here. You are bound to find someone if you look hard enough.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Humorist said:

I’m done with Cleveland and the BS. But remember we were here before you guys and we will be here afterwards. Enjoy your moment. 

@Humorist I genuinely mean what I say about being ultra appreciative of all the alumni and the legacy of Cleveland wrestling. I have personally said so on here on multiple occasions. Very grateful for all the contributions of all the people who have come before this current group of kids and coaches my friend. No need to scrape your name off the wall or cut your face out of any pictures. I will thank you in person next time I see you brother. I promise.

6 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Yeah, but it seems to all of us like you are trying to spin it like Allan does pay people to come wrestle for Cleveland. The one example you come up with that you tried to throw in Roller’s face was a kid that never went to Cleveland, nor was he going to ever go to Cleveland, who’s dad is good friends with Allan and was being helped out because of that. It’s honestly kind of funny. Keep digging. You might find where Allan actually sponsored someone who wrestles for us.  I mean @Ummmno seems to know we are paying kids to come here. You are bound to find someone if you look hard enough.

I’m not sure even on the recruiting thread that I’ve ever said they have paid someone to come there. But I’ve also said that kids and especially their parents want to move their kids to good programs, Bradley did it in the 90’s with a few kids from Red Bank, we at Soddy did it with Rabbit and the Ward brothers and I’m sure more that I can’t even think of! So everyone to a point recruits, you see a wrestler at a tournament, have a good conversation with them and let them know they would be a great asset to the team. Again it happens with every program out there that has their good years!  However, I do contend that without Allan’s money at the beginning Josh most likely doesn’t stay and who knows where HCWC is at this point! So yeah Allan doesn’t totally fund the program now, but at one point he did, he paid coaches when no other kids club around would do that and even today with the club being so successful they pay their coaches pretty well and still most kids club coaches are not paid like HCWC coaches are. At this point it is what it is, numbers have been put out, stories have been posted. You aren’t going to change your mind and since most of you only know the last few years instead of when HCWC first started you only see a club that was already developed and getting on top of its game instead of a club that was somewhat struggling and money was put into the program to get it off its back!  Good luck to all of you for the coming weekends! 

7 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I’m not sure even on the recruiting thread that I’ve ever said they have paid someone to come there. But I’ve also said that kids and especially their parents want to move their kids to good programs, Bradley did it in the 90’s with a few kids from Red Bank, we at Soddy did it with Rabbit and the Ward brothers and I’m sure more that I can’t even think of! So everyone to a point recruits, you see a wrestler at a tournament, have a good conversation with them and let them know they would be a great asset to the team. Again it happens with every program out there that has their good years!  However, I do contend that without Allan’s money at the beginning Josh most likely doesn’t stay and who knows where HCWC is at this point! So yeah Allan doesn’t totally fund the program now, but at one point he did, he paid coaches when no other kids club around would do that and even today with the club being so successful they pay their coaches pretty well and still most kids club coaches are not paid like HCWC coaches are. At this point it is what it is, numbers have been put out, stories have been posted. You aren’t going to change your mind and since most of you only know the last few years instead of when HCWC first started you only see a club that was already developed and getting on top of its game instead of a club that was somewhat struggling and money was put into the program to get it off its back!  Good luck to all of you for the coming weekends! 

I will take “Josh most likely leaves and who knows where HCWC would be” as giving credit where credit is due. It was fun talking with all of you the last few days (I mean that from the bottom of my heart). Good luck to you all in the future!

9 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I will take “Josh most likely leaves and who knows where HCWC would be” as giving credit where credit is due. It was fun talking with all of you the last few days (I mean that from the bottom of my heart). Good luck to you all in the future!

you too Freco, good luck to Cleveland this weekend and good luck to your son in the future and from the bottom of my heart I do not hold a grudge against Cleveland, HCWC or anything like that and I will also say, I have always been happy when a team from this area brings home a state title instead of it being a team from upper east TN, Nashville or Memphis, I have a lot of pride in the Chattanooga area being the hot bed of wrestling in TN and I also know that Soddy is just now hitting their stride and I'm proud of what Ulric and Shane and the other coaches have accomplished and very excited to see what the future holds! Again if Boyd could have brought home the title Chatt area would have went 5 for 5 in state titles this season! 

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

you too Freco, good luck to Cleveland this weekend and good luck to your son in the future and from the bottom of my heart I do not hold a grudge against Cleveland, HCWC or anything like that and I will also say, I have always been happy when a team from this area brings home a state title instead of it being a team from upper east TN, Nashville or Memphis, I have a lot of pride in the Chattanooga area being the hot bed of wrestling in TN and I also know that Soddy is just now hitting their stride and I'm proud of what Ulric and Shane and the other coaches have accomplished and very excited to see what the future holds! Again if Boyd could have brought home the title Chatt area would have went 5 for 5 in state titles this season! 

Best post ever!!  Good luck to all the Soddy guys…pretty much a lock to win traditional and it’s great to see you guys back on top!

• Like 1