Lake County head coaching job open?

No it’s really not … y’all are holding your feelings and relationships with these coaches in regards to what is actually reality . Just my opinion though, high school football IS a million dollar business although these coaches may be people and just getting paid pennies on the dollar, they are public employees and sign off on the possibility of their name being leaked the very second they apply to a public position and they know that . If it’s unethical , why have a forum here ? Most of us are fans and supporters or boosters of our teams , not journalists. What’s said on here isn’t gospel or posted in a newspaper. Some of you need to learn what an online forum is … it’s not a bible . I will work on my empathy skills I guess . 

42 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

You are comparing the Lake County Football coaching search to ESPN?

And yes, it is highly unethical. 

Ok I'll bite and put in my two cents. If a coach doesn't want their name put out that they're applying for another job, dont apply for the job. You're a football coach in the South. Basically a public figure. I don't see why one would apply for a job in secret unless they're trying to keep players at school A because you're not sure about school B. A la having your cake and eating it too

1 minute ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Ok I'll bite and put in my two cents. If a coach doesn't want their name put out that they're applying for another job, dont apply for the job. You're a football coach in the South. Basically a public figure. I don't see why one would apply for a job in secret unless they're trying to keep players at school A because you're not sure about school B. A la having your cake and eating it too

Different perspective. Behind every coach is a human being. Sometimes people have to make difficult choices in life knowing that their decision will make a profound impact in the lives of others. Say a coach is interested in being closer to family, but their name is leaked and they do not get the job. Not only do they have the potential embarrassment of not getting the job, you put their players and colleagues through unnecessary stress. 

Let's put it in a different perspective since Lake County Football has apparently joined the echelon of NFL Live. What if expecting parents were waiting to reveal gender and a physician went out and told everyone before they had the opportunity? I am assuming most in here would think that would be appropriate. 

1 minute ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Different perspective. Behind every coach is a human being. Sometimes people have to make difficult choices in life knowing that their decision will make a profound impact in the lives of others. Say a coach is interested in being closer to family, but their name is leaked and they do not get the job. Not only do they have the potential embarrassment of not getting the job, you put their players and colleagues through unnecessary stress. 

Let's put it in a different perspective since Lake County Football has apparently joined the echelon of NFL Live. What if expecting parents were waiting to reveal gender and a physician went out and told everyone before they had the opportunity? I am assuming most in here would think that would be appropriate. 

It’s humorous how you make fun of my comparison of high school sports to actual sports and here you are comparing it to an ultrasound room or Osha violation . 

54 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Those are incomparable circumstances in my opinion but I get where you're coming from. I just disagree, respectfully. The way I see it..  If you're paid with public dollars, then you can't get sore when the public has an interest in where their money is going. Not even considering a players and parents vested interest in the situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Geritol sounds amazing , may I suggest MEGAMAX brand for your incontinence briefs as well ? I’m kidding  I mean no disrespect… have a good day sir . 

None taken...all in fun. Glad that you realize that it was simply a my opinion/your opinion thing and not an argument.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:10 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I agree with you on this one.When Milan,Dyersburg,Even Dresden and Alcoa a few years ago Names were dropped.Shouldnt applied.