Camden Central Names New Head Coach

@38320

John Ross Hudson isn’t really jumping into a bad position… Camden returns mostly everyone from last year with the exception of 2 or 3 SRs , they will have D1 prospect in Isaac Moore returning as well … John Ross Hudson was the DC for Lexington, so the defense should be a primary focus in the off-season 

5 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

In the running? For what? Even 1A Dresden hung 28-0 on them in the few minutes of a Jamboree in Paris & it could've been worse without JV playing. It was incredibly worse than that the year prior at a scrimmage in Camden with same schools. Defense wasn't their only trouble. But Camden gets a fresh start this year, new coach, new look, new vibe. They deserve a chance to at least see where it falls. 

So many posts happy to see McConnell to hit the road, yet Westview fans have rented half of Chattanooga for December stays for the next decade. (Chris Coleman aside- that's the REAL winning hire to me) I'm just a football fan that loves to see the kids compete & play. I wish both of these programs luck for the kids sake. However, maybe I'm the only one, but everything surrounding this guy seems total love or hate with not much in between. It just seems odd. No hate from me, just conversation here. 

Did McConnell not have assistant coach help at Camden? Budget too tight? Right or wrong control freak 100% on everything? Just game plan to outscore everyone & not worry about the rest? So many kids play both ways at this level, how could they be good enough athletes to pile on 50 point games, yet not gain some form of respect on D? McConnell loses a coin toss in Martin & there will be grumbles from the stands, is he really ready for that after what he has/has not accomplished at Camden? Just for conversation.

I mean Dresden could have beat many 2A teams last year. Just cause they are 1A, doesn't make them worse than any team in 2A. I never once said anything about being happy McConnell leaving, I don't know the man, nor do I care much about Camden. I think you may have me mixed with someone else. But yes, if Camden had any type of defense, they could have been a dark horse to, at the very least, win a couple of playoff games depending on who they were playing. I don't know many teams that can score 50 points and lose by 20. With most the kids playing both ways, there should have been some talent on the defense, but you didn't see it. I put that on the coaches not having the boys prepared to play their defensive position. It could have been a power trip from McConnell, idk. Or they could have just had a bad DC, idk. Maybe the new coach will have them better prepared this coming season. #GOMUSTANGS

On 2/29/2024 at 7:57 AM, stangsby3 said:

Camden could have been in the running last year if they had any defense. Apart from Huntingdon, Milan, and Riverside, they played really well on offense, but their defense gave away too many games. @Beagle How many of those kids are they returning for next season?

I don't think they lose too much. When we played I don't remember seeing many seniors starters. I know #7 was a junior. He'll keep that offense going for sure no matter what they decide to run. 

2 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I don't think they lose too much. When we played I don't remember seeing many seniors starters. I know #7 was a junior. He'll keep that offense going for sure no matter what they decide to run. 

I thought I remember someone saying last season, that they were a relatively young team. Not saying they will be a juggernaut next year, but if they can return that offense and build up that defense, they will be better than most think. That is, if the coach can keep them motivated.   

On 2/29/2024 at 7:57 AM, stangsby3 said:

Camden could have been in the running last year if they had any defense. Apart from Huntingdon, Milan, and Riverside, they played really well on offense, but their defense gave away too many games. @Beagle How many of those kids are they returning for next season?

we had 2 seniors one Oline one lb/rb

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

we had 2 seniors one Oline one lb/rb

Yea, I thought I seen you or someone mention that they were a young team. Maybe this new coach can get that defense turned around and Camden can start being competitive again in those big region games.

Every basketball game Huntingdon has ever played against Camden, Camden has a bunch of loud mouth kids that want to fight our student section. It’s obvious that the administration can’t control any of their kids, even the girls. Why can’t they get some of those kids to put up a fight on the field? Just a thought. 

I do remember McConnells first stint at Westview. His defense was weak as water. He has some young talent that is going to roll through there and some vocal parents as well. Many of them were held back to have an extra year or 2. He better walk the line, and win in a hurry this time around.

7 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

Yea, I thought I seen you or someone mention that they were a young team. Maybe this new coach can get that defense turned around and Camden can start being competitive again in those big region games.

I wish him all the best . I  know coach Wolfe would have gotten more kids out than McConnell did. Not a lot of folks that know football in this town are happy he didn't get the job. Nothing against the new guy obviously but for those who care to look it up.

The year Wolfe left Camden we started a  small slide. The team seemed less disciplined and not as strong physically. The second year he was gone it accelerated fast then year 3  we were 1-9 in weak district and had no off season work outs at all.  He was the main man  that kept us rolling when Ward left for Crockett County  IMHO.

9 minutes ago, Waker said:

Every basketball game Huntingdon has ever played against Camden, Camden has a bunch of loud mouth kids that want to fight our student section. It’s obvious that the administration can’t control any of their kids, even the girls. Why can’t they get some of those kids to put up a fight on the field? Just a thought. 

I do remember McConnells first stint at Westview. His defense was weak as water. He has some young talent that is going to roll through there and some vocal parents as well. Many of them were held back to have an extra year or 2. He better walk the line, and win in a hurry this time around.

Funny thing is  every other school I talk to agrees that your community is a bunch of jackwagons always trying to start crap no matter what sport.  EVERY other school. That is a fact.  When you have problems with everyone in every sport you are the problem not the other way around :roflol:  I mean what other school hangs banners on the visitor side rails  of the gym so paying folks from other schools cant see the action they paid to see? Cancels a football game because of weather but doesn't give refunds.. shall I go on?

I am sure you have some good folks there I have never met any though.

For the record I respect your football coach/program  and your girls basketball coach immensely. 

Edited by Beagle