New additions to the Bearden coaching staff

HTV

5 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Recruiting is about getting kids there, and nothing to do with a kid leaving. Smith was recruited to Bearden and still decided to jump ship. 

I’m not sure exactly what point you’re trying to make. Are you saying Bearden doesn’t recruit at all, and all these kids just decided to show up all at once? Or are you saying everyone has always recruited but now Bearden is too? 

Smith was not recruited by Bearden. He went to Bearden, the school he zoned for, after playing his freshman year at Catholic.

And the point I’m trying to make is, Why do you think Smith went to Maryville? Do you think it’s better coaching, or was he recruited? But, oh no, Maryville doesn’t do that, right? Well, when you finally decide between one of those, you can find your answer to the question you’re asking.

8 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Smith was not recruited by Bearden. He went to Bearden, the school he zoned for, after playing his freshman year at Catholic.

And the point I’m trying to make is, Why do you think Smith went to Maryville? Do you think it’s better coaching, or was he recruited? But, oh no, Maryville doesn’t do that, right? Well, when you finally decide between one of those, you can find your answer to the question you’re asking.

I’m sure Maryville did recruit him. Wouldn’t be the first one they have. But that’s not what I was talking about. Does Bearden recruit yes or no? It’s either they don’t recruit and kids just showed up of their own accord. Or Bearden is recruiting like everyone else? 

20 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

I’m sure Maryville did recruit him. Wouldn’t be the first one they have. But that’s not what I was talking about. Does Bearden recruit yes or no? It’s either they don’t recruit and kids just showed up of their own accord. Or Bearden is recruiting like everyone else? 

Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.

8 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.

By recruiting, I mean members of a coaching staff are talking to, meeting with, giving tours, to students, and their guardians, that are not zoned for their school. 

there’s no way that many non Bearden kids just showed up all at once without being recruited. It can’t be a coincidence that all those kids also went through the middle school all star game your boss puts on every year. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:01 AM, Futbolfan2022 said:

By recruiting, I mean members of a coaching staff are talking to, meeting with, giving tours, to students, and their guardians, that are not zoned for their school. 

there’s no way that many non Bearden kids just showed up all at once without being recruited. It can’t be a coincidence that all those kids also went through the middle school all star game your boss puts on every year. 

I mean every Coach and staff does so I wouldn’t be surprised.

24 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

I mean every Coach and staff does so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Every staff including Bearden recruits if they are good or want to be good. That’s just the game right now. That is why you see coaches jumping around/getting out. They either see they can’t get kids in or don’t want to play the game. 

57 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Every staff including Bearden recruits if they are good or want to be good. That’s just the game right now. That is why you see coaches jumping around/getting out. They either see they can’t get kids in or don’t want to play the game. 

Or it’s because they’ve always wanted to be a head coach and finally get the opportunity to, so they take it, but that would make too much sense. 

12 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Or it’s because they’ve always wanted to be a head coach and finally get the opportunity to, so they take it, but that would make too much sense. 

I am referring to current HCs, not assistants looking to be a 1st time HC obviously those types have to move sometimes to get a job.