New additions to the Bearden coaching staff

HTV

• HTV changed the title to New additions to the Bearden coaching staff
12 hours ago, HTV said:

Two very good hires for the staff Matthew Bates won the High School Coaching Broyles Award for Tennessee, which is an award that recognizes the best assistant high school football coaches. Bates was formerly an assistant football coach, assistant track and field coach, and wrestling coach at Hardin Valley. Along with his coaching job, Bates is the president of the Tennessee Football Coaches Association. He’s got a really good rap sheet and is a is a really good guy. Glad we hired him!

And for Jarvis Reado, I really can’t find much about him. His former Tennessee offense of lineman won a national championship during his time at Tennessee, then went on to the NFL. He also helps run the legendary Tennessee football camp.

2 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Two very good hires for the staff Matthew Bates won the High School Coaching Broyles Award for Tennessee, which is an award that recognizes the best assistant high school football coaches. Bates was formerly an assistant football coach, assistant track and field coach, and wrestling coach at Hardin Valley. Along with his coaching job, Bates is the president of the Tennessee Football Coaches Association. He’s got a really good rap sheet and is a is a really good guy. Glad we hired him!

And for Jarvis Reado, I really can’t find much about him. His former Tennessee offense of lineman won a national championship during his time at Tennessee, then went on to the NFL. He also helps run the legendary Tennessee football camp.

Don't know him well, but I have met and spoken to Jarvis a couple of times.  Seems to be a solid guy.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Jarvis Reado has coached O-Line at CAK when Rusty Bradley was the HC. I think the connection was with Mark Bradley who coached Reado at UT.

On 3/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, Dawgz4life said:

So he won an award, that he is the president of the association, that awards the broyles award? Doesn't that seem odd

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, Dawgz4life said:

So a coach at Helpless Hardin Valley won a state award for high school coaching? How much did he have to pay for that? Surely him being the president of that organization didn't play a role in him getting that award.

Looks like maybe he won it for 2021 when he was at Choke Ridge. Still odd that he won it in one of the worst seasons in Choke Ridge history....Funny how power and influence makes things happen.

Hope he learned how to recruit at his previous stops because that is pretty much all he will be doing by looking at the product Beerden has put on the field the last two seasons. It is really phenomenal how much they have underachieved with the talent they have had. I guess middle school football can't compete at the 6A level.

3 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

So a coach at Helpless Hardin Valley won a state award for high school coaching? How much did he have to pay for that? Surely him being the president of that organization didn't play a role in him getting that award.

Looks like maybe he won it for 2021 when he was at Choke Ridge. Still odd that he won it in one of the worst seasons in Choke Ridge history....Funny how power and influence makes things happen.

Hope he learned how to recruit at his previous stops because that is pretty much all he will be doing by looking at the product Beerden has put on the field the last two seasons. It is really phenomenal how much they have underachieved with the talent they have had. I guess middle school football can't compete at the 6A level.

Im pretty sure that organization, that he is a president of, chooses who wins that award for the state. JOKE

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2024 at 10:52 AM, FootballFan888 said:

I’m not sure.

I’m not sure how it works or how he won. I never even heard about the award, so I don’t know how credible it is, if at all.

Oh well, that’s my mistake. I thought he was at Harden Valley when he wanted it. I know nothing about the award. I can’t even find anything about it or how you can enter to win it. Maybe you just get an email randomly saying you want an award. I’m not sure.

And here you go with the recruiting scandals again. It can just be that the player or parent chooses that they have a better opportunity of being coached by a certain coach or playing with a team in a different zone and not the school that they are zoned for. but that would make too much sense. I thought that bug of “Bearden recruiting” already went out the window with Brody Smith going to Maryville, but apparently we still have that bug on us, and for Maryville, it was just a pure coincidence that they got one of the best linemen in the state and completely didn’t recruit him, but Bearden did. Yeah, sure, and Bearden has always produced great talent. Most of them were zoned for Bearden and went to Bearden Middle School but decided to go to other high schools, whether that be Catholic, Knoxville West, Farragut, Webb, Maryville, etc. To play football because the players and/or parents choose where they have a better chance to go and be coached and hopefully get them farther in their career, but when the school in the block, that’s been a cookie jar to every other program around Knoxville and the Knoxville area, finally stopps letting that happen. Everyone complains, whines, and tries to hide the fact that their schools, haven’t been doing it for years...

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

I’m not sure how it works or how he won. I never even heard about the award, so I don’t know how credible it is, if at all.

Oh well, that’s my mistake. I thought he was at Harden Valley when he wanted it. I know nothing about the award. I can’t even find anything about it or how you can enter to win it. Maybe you just get an email randomly saying you want an award. I’m not sure.

And here you go with the recruiting scandals again. It can just be that the player or parent chooses that they have a better opportunity of being coached by a certain coach or playing with a team in a different zone and not the school that they are zoned for. but that would make too much sense. I thought that bug of “Bearden recruiting” already went out the window with Brody Smith going to Maryville, but apparently we still have that bug on us, and for Maryville, it was just a pure coincidence that they got one of the best linemen in the state and completely didn’t recruit him, but Bearden did. Yeah, sure, and Bearden has always produced great talent. Most of them were zoned for Bearden and went to Bearden Middle School but decided to go to other high schools, whether that be Catholic, Knoxville West, Farragut, Webb, Maryville, etc. To play football because the players and/or parents choose where they have a better chance to go and be coached and hopefully get them farther in their career, but when the school in the block, that’s been a cookie jar to every other program around Knoxville and the Knoxville area, finally stopps letting that happen. Everyone complains, whines, and tries to hide the fact that their schools, haven’t been doing it for years...

Recruiting is about getting kids there, and nothing to do with a kid leaving. Smith was recruited to Bearden and still decided to jump ship. 

I’m not sure exactly what point you’re trying to make. Are you saying Bearden doesn’t recruit at all, and all these kids just decided to show up all at once? Or are you saying everyone has always recruited but now Bearden is too?