20k offered to get rid of the Seymour Boys coach.

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 9:48 PM, Rade Butcher said:

That's utterly ridiculous. No way a public school pays money to get rid of a coach. They just fire them. There's no coaching contract it's year to year.

Parent of a child  that transferred from private school was willing to pay. Didn’t have to though. Admin folded like a lawn chair and catered to the parents. 

Edited by CoachBsDUI

12 hours ago, CoachBsDUI said:

Parent of a child  that transferred from private school was willing to pay. Didn’t have to though. Admin folded like a lawn chair and catered to the parents. 

12 hours ago, CoachBsDUI said:

Who in their right mind would coach high school basketball???  I sure am glad people do though because I love it. I feel bad for them. 

44 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Who in their right mind would coach high school basketball???  I sure am glad people do though because I love it. I feel bad for them. 

This is why you see all those jobs on the TSSAA portal. Most HS coaches will be on a one-year deal unless they are at a big winning program where talent is flowing in.

1 hour ago, Sicwitit said:

This is why you see all those jobs on the TSSAA portal. Most HS coaches will be on a one-year deal unless they are at a big winning program where talent is flowing in.

it is nuts. West Tennessee hasn't seen a lot of changes this season but the two that we have right now are a younger guy at Chester County who resigned after some success and a guy that has been around a long time at South Gibson who also had some success. Makes you wonder why they resigned. The South Gibson Coach is retiring from what I am hearing. But the Chester County Coach I'm not sure. 

48 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

it is nuts. West Tennessee hasn't seen a lot of changes this season but the two that we have right now are a younger guy at Chester County who resigned after some success and a guy that has been around a long time at South Gibson who also had some success. Makes you wonder why they resigned. The South Gibson Coach is retiring from what I am hearing. But the Chester County Coach I'm not sure. 

I don't know these particular situations, but around 98% of coaches who resign are pushed out. The other 2% of coaches who actually resign are either taking another job, family situation, and/or retirement. It will be tough to field good coaches within 5-10 years if something doesn't change, however that does look to be in the works...