Is there nothing better to do than Bash Dyer Co???

gomab2

Come on now guys, this is absolutely ridiculous...... Is there nothing better to do than to bash, and question, and point the finger at Dyer Co's basketball program???? This is so ridiculous now it is almost humerous.... I looked on a thread about Dustin Byrd and Lambuth University, and the last post made was a question about whether there was a rules break about Byrd's status, whatever that may be. Why even ask that on that thread?????

This is absolutley stupid... I am not from Dyer Co; actually far from it... but the amount of rumors, or eligibility questions, or barbs thrown at DC is simply insane... It is TSSAA's job to look into this.... There is not another program on these boards that recieves any questions about wrongdoings, even in similar situations....

Simply put.... there is soooooooooooooooo much great high school basketball going on right now, why not spend the time to watch or follow some of these great players or teams this year, rather than make proposterous insinuations about DC............

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest photojeff

I don't understand this either. Dr. Hedge, Mrs. Dodds, Mr. Schnider, Mr. Lusk, Coach Stafford and Coach Hopkins are without a doubt some of the finest administrators and coaches in this state. If there are problems in this school they will be taken care of by DCHS administration and the TSSAA. Lets all enjoy the incredible level of high school basketball that we have in Tennessee and stop worrying about what the neighbors are doing.

If some people didn't gripe and complain about everybody else they wouldn't have anything to do....Get a hobby!

Guest jockrock2003

Ok GOMAB2, since you are so far away, let's bring you up to speed. Most coaches and fans in West Tennessee, especially in our district (AA with DC) are tired of all the escapades that Dyer County boys program has been involved in the last 2 years.

Facts: DC is on probation for "illegal contact" with a student who attended a another school, and from what I have heard is that there were five or six other students before that which was not reported. Now, other coaches are starting to cry foul....cause they are reporting illegal "contact" with some of their players in the last two years, and now you have the "Covington Incident". You also have Coaches in our district talking about illegal practices.

So there you have it. Where there is smoke there is fire. And you think that programs who do this are "outstanding"?

How bout winnging with what you got and quit trying to take the best bread from everyone elses breadbasket! Dyer County created this controversy, not the fans. I just feel sorry for all those "good coaches" at Dyer County who play by the rules cause it will be them and their teams that eventally will have to pay for the sins of the boys basktball program.

Let me inlighten you people on some facts too. This started because Dyersburg is jelious of us, period. There Principal is on the tssaa board trying to stir up crap on DC. There is one coach just as guilty of recruting as Butch. I have heard from sources that Coffman-(Dyersburg girls coach) has been recruting for years, with nothing done to him, why, because he is protected by his principal boss who is on the tssaa board. Funny he didnt report him on his misbehavior. Many DC fans have seen him in the school talking to girls on the team,and also at ballgames. This has been going on for awhile. Dyersburg can't stand it that DC gets good ball players, that they think they should get. Now you tell me who is doing the illegal recruting around here???

[Edited by figbar on 12-11-02 5:04P]

Guest jockrock2003

So you are saying that just because that their principle is on the TSSAA Board, allows them to break the rules? Get out in the real world, that is just cheap talk on you and sounds like you and your fans are jealous. If there was problems, then why not report it? I do remember your girls coach getting on here last year and proclaiming "it will all come out about Dyersburg". Well that was then, this is now, and no news cause there is no news. But why are you pointing the finger at them? This is about coaches in your own district and region! They are the ones complaining! The only conection to Dyersburg is that Dyersburg got feed up sooner. This Jones event is what started this "wild fire among the other coaches and it has got them talking to each other, not only in high school, but the junior hig as well. There is a growing list of coaches from outside of Dyer County that are now starting to talk and complain?

In this district, it is not Dyersburg who looks shaddy, it is your beloved "GOD" that you created in ole 'Butch".

The best thing Dyer County fans could do is go into hideing, cause this could get real ugly. It is not good when most every coach in your own district is "bashing". And it ain't from getting beat. Heck, Union City beat us for 3 or 4 years, bad, but we did not crow "foul" cause there was no "foul".

Guest jockrock2003

Because I have just learned from some of my coach friends that in the last 18 months, that Dyer County tried to get some of their players to come to your school. They did not report. Why I do not know, but they said the Jones event brought out that something is rotten for sure nad got them talking among each other. They coach in adjoining counties. I am sure that you know them. I do not know what you are talking about in regards to a female player, but I do state this, at this point, if you think a school is violating the rules, then turn them in, cause right now, from every direction in this district, their for sure pointing at DC!

i've also heard DC has been trying to get players from other schools to play on their team. i don't know if it's true or not, but it's pretty darn selfish of them to even consider recruiting other people. i come from a town where we raise ball players. if we don't have a good starting five, we don't go out and find some. that's pathetic! :x