White County Coaching Staff

Hoopngal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Layup- You still don't know who I am. Believe me I know what i'm talking about better than you do. Get it right one time though, Whited didn't quit. He didn't decide after the riverdale game that he was quiting. He had decided prior to that game that it was going to be his last season. He didn't plan to tell the players. After the team played so poor he told them. I already explained why he told them. He was not the entire reason that team finished the way it did. I'm honest, he could have done some things better but he was the main reason for that 6-8 mark. If you call that quiting, then you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Ruppsrunt- "Sometimes the mark of a winner is to stay and coach a team he thinks can't win....... and develope them. Good point layup." After Jolly, Gribble, and Austin graduated White County was left for dead. They were 4 and 5 in every pre-season district poll. Everyone said they were going to be terrible. After they won 25 games I think everyone was saying that they were talented then. Even though having no one average over 11 points a game and 7 players score from 7-11 points a game. So according to your old chinese proverd I guess you could say Whited was a winner.

Eddie...yes I do know who you are. Nice try to cover your tracks. But it doesn't matter when he said he wanted to quit, the facts are he quit after the Riverdale game!!!

He WAS a good coach, but to quit like that just doesn't work well for me. I'm sorry (just my opion). :confused:

Pinkpanther-"Why does everything end up talking about coach WHITED".Well, let me ask you this, Why don't we win?; Why didn't Haley give the job to Bibb?; Why hasn't people picked up that sparta won't win if slatten is around?; Why do you support slatten.? Maybe the reason is last memory of the winning years.

K-Town....why hire Bibb?? What has he ever done as a coach?? Did he ever win a state championship? Ummmmmmmmmm, NO! Has he won since being a head coach?? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, NO! Bibb is a will be a good coach , but has not proved himself as a head coach. Anytime you can hire a coach that is a proven winner you beter hire him.

Slatten has done a great job with what he has. The boys work hard and are all good kids. So Haley (in my opion) found a great hire in Slatten. Keep up the good work!!

Warriors good luck tonight......Beat Livingston!

Layup-I don't agree with everything you are saying. I am a White Co. fan and say give Slatten to the end of the year and if he can't win dist. games get rid of him. He was 0-10 last year in the dist. and didn't win a dist. game the year before he came to White Co. He is a proven loser as well as a proven winner. Although I do think if you take Kirk Haston away he would have never been a winner. I do think Bibb would have been a good choice. He played college ball and had great coaching there, then he tutored under Whited who has won with and without talent everywhere he has been. I don't know how you can say he has done a great job with what he has. He hasn't even won a dist. game yet. How has he done a great job? Ten wins last year{0 dist. wins} and fewer wins than that this year{might win 5 or 6 games total}.

ktown...To answer your last question to me, read layup's last post. It says exactly what I would have said. I even shot layup a good mark for it.

People seem to forget that Slatten won when he was at Cleveland too. His teams were in the state tournament consistently, if I'm not mistaken. He was a winner at Perry Co. He was a winner at Cleveland. He spent 1 season at that school in West Tennessee. He had a losing season, but it was his first year. He probably took over a struggling program, so big deal. This is why I support Slatten. He hasn't won at Sparta yet. That's YET. He will. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Everybody says they support Sparta's team. Slatten is as much a part of that team as any of the players. If you don't support him, your full support isn't behind the team either.

Guest missedit

Even though the Warriors got another "L" tonight, they sure played a heck of a game. You couldn't ask for better effort than the guys and coaches put out tonight. The loss was a tough one, but a very hard fought game by both sides. No one can blame the coaches for this, just a few box outs with less than about 20 seconds on the clock gave LA 5 points and also a "W".

;) White County JV team....Great job! These guys scored over a 100 points tonight and ended up winnin by like 60 or more points. I'm not sure on the exact score. Just estimating. Coach Dodson, you are wonderful! :)

Can someone please answer a dumb question for me. There are the Varsity, J.V., and 9th Grade teams. Am I right? Now for the dumb question. What is the difference between the J.V. nad the 9th Grade team? When I was in school, the 9th Grade team was called the J.V. Have I missed something in the years since I got out of high school? Help!!!

Layup- You really think you know me and you think I cover the high school teams? I hope you do think that. You can play dumb though and act like Whited quit on his team that is fine. Everyone who reads this thread will know how it really was so you can be dumb to the facts. I gotta question too. You say the coaches at White Co. have made the best of what they have? I don't understand why the team has lost to teams like livingston twice, york, and upperman. I guess I could see loosing to crossville a little more but we were just as talented as them and cookeville also. I think this team has missed out on a lot of wins they should have gotten early this season. I don't think they have done their best.

Pinkpanther- I'm not sure of Slatten's overall record at cleveland. He never took a cleveland team to the state tournament though. To the sub-state his first year and I don't know if he ever got back to the sub state or not.