Rockwood Baseball!!

99ALLTHEWAY

The way I understand the new format is as follows: obviously 4 teams in the region tournament, the winner of every region goes on to the state tournament in Memphis. Instead or the sectionals sending one team to the state, the sectionals are now a part of the state (the first round i assume). So the winner of each region goes to state. That's how I understand it.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harriman!! Although Rockwood plays some larger schools, the big rivalry is with Harriman. Both schools have good teams, ususally first and second in the district, and they have fought tooth and nail to determine who is number one. Fortunately, in recent years, Rockwood has come out on top. I don't think Harriman HS nor its fans appreciate that very much. When the time comes, Harriman will be up for the Tigers of Rockwood. RHS will be ready!!

I would have to say the biggest rival would be Harriman. I am a HHS graduate, but I played for Harriman the last 4 years. THe biggest game of the year was never Kingston or Wartburg, beyond popular belief, but Rockwood. Both have great teams. Both have come a long way. The two always give a good game. I'll be in supporting the devils when the time comes. Good luck to both teams.

heyhey devilsgr8ccs! thanks it is not very otfen that someone from harriman talks good about the Rockwood baseball team!! or Rockwood anything for that matter!! so i just wanted to tell u thanks!! did u play baseball for harriman or another sport?? just askin!! have a good day!! :o:D:D:D:)

[Edited by 99ALLTHEWAY on 1-8-03 11:09A]

Yes, I played for Harriman all 4 years that I was in high school. I pitched last year in the game we beat them. It is a big rivalry on the field for me off the field I am friends with many of the rockwood players. I have now moved on to play college baseball. There will always be no bigger game than the rockwood, harriman games to me.