Saturday night...Livingston at White Co.

85warrior

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i'm a little confused on your system you go by. Since you go by who lost to who by how much, and who beat who by how much tell me this. Since Cookeville took Jackson Co. to overtime does that make Jackson Co. just a decent team like cookeville, or does that make Cookeville a good team like Jackson Co.? If it makes cookeville a good team like jackson co. then wouldn't that make Livingston a good team? If it makes Jackson decent like Cookeville, does that mean shelbyville is only decent since they only beat jackson by like 4 at the beginning of the year? Point is you can't sit there and tell which team is good and which isn't by taking their point spread each game. If our coach is as awful as you say then we should have been beat the other night against livingston that is the bottom line. So you need to give him some credit. You stay behind your boy Slatten even when he is loosing, but you hate Hess even when he is winning. Go figure........ ;)

Posted by fastereddie:

Ok, i'm a little confused on your system you go by. Since you go by who lost to who by how much, and who beat who by how much tell me this. Since Cookeville took Jackson Co. to overtime does that make Jackson Co. just a decent team like cookeville, or does that make Cookeville a good team like Jackson Co.? If it makes cookeville a good team like jackson co. then wouldn't that make Livingston a good team? If it makes Jackson decent like Cookeville, does that mean shelbyville is only decent since they only beat jackson by like 4 at the beginning of the year? Point is you can't sit there and tell which team is good and which isn't by taking their point spread each game. If our coach is as awful as you say then we should have been beat the other night against livingston that is the bottom line. So you need to give him some credit. You stay behind your boy Slatten even when he is loosing, but you hate Hess even when he is winning. Go figure........ :D

Here I have a system, all the teams (Jackson Co., White Co., Livingston Academy, and Cookeville) are all good teams. Most of the games this year between the 4 have been close showing they are all good teams.

Hess can get by on talent alone.They can go 10 deep without

any dropoff to speak.I will never be a Hess fan the way he

destroyed our program the first two years.

Slatten doesn't have the talent to be a big winner.The boys

are improving every game. As long as they give a good effort

I will be supporting them.

Fastereddie-Should Hess support the middle school program and Coach Haley?

I really wish you would listen to yourself more often. Like the other day how you said on the boys board that it is stupid to blame a coach for every loss. That is what you do though to Hess though. THen you get on here and say you can't support Hess cause of the way he destroyed the program the first 2 years. Tell me the difference between his first 2 years and Slattens first 2 years? Very, Very little I know that. Players quit, lost a lot of games, and had some bad stuff said bout them. So if you can not support Hess because of what he did the first 2 years, then you can not possibly support Slatten could you? I mean look at your own words in your post. YOu sit and contradict yourself over and over. Hess doesn't have the talent to sit back and watch them win every game. He can do that very few games actually, now back in hollands day he could do that. The boys are improving every game? I really hope they are buy please post on the boys board telling me what improvments you see. Heck best game I saw them play was their 2nd or 3rd one. Last and least, should Hess support middle school and Haley. Yes he should, but we all know that Haley isn't going to listen to anyone but himself. So what if Hess isn't at all the middle school games or any for that matter. I know a guy who used to coach and he never went to the middle school games, low and behold he won two state championships with those kids he never went and watched. It only helps to support the middle school when that coach is willing to work with the high school coach to better that program. YOu think Haley would be open to any suggestions from Hess or anything for that matter? I didn't either.

benchcoach- Please tell me the difference between Slattens first 2 years and Hess's first 2 years? Don't avoid this one either like you usually do. I mean he ran off every person from the years previous team last year except for Sam. Is that not destruction too? I mean if what Hess did was that has to be also bottome line.

First two yearsof Hess and Slatten are completely different.

Slatten came in unwanted by parents,players,and almost

everybody else.Nobody gave him a chance!When Hess came in,

there were no problems.He created all of his problems by

himself.He was very abusive to the girls,verbal wise.Don't

take my word for it,ask Dycus or Haley,or ask somebody from

Cannon Co. You need to get your head out of the sand.

Second. You are wrong about Whited not going to middle

school games.He went all the time.

Third. Haley would welcome Hess and be glad to talk to him.

You're wrong about Haley.Hess has you snowed.

Fourth. If you seen our boys play in summer games, they have

improved a lot since then. Our talent is down, but they are

trying. If somebody else was coaching,your expections would be a lot lower.

Fifth. Holland had some talent back then, but he had no bench.Our team now goes 10 deep with very little dropoff.

We have girls coming off the bench that could start for

most of the teams we play.Who could Hacker not start for

in our district? One thru ten, Hess has more talent.

All those people were not against Slatten before he got here. All those people were mad at Haley for the decision he made. Every player except for one stayed and gave Slatten his chance before they quit. Only one quit before he got there. Then Slatten (or somebody) managed to run off the rest of them. The community was not real excited about him being hired, but I mean can you blame them he was like 3 and 22 the year before he got here. I dont' know how that matters that much anyway, the community doesn't play the players do and he had his chance with them. Besides the community didn't really get down on him till he had all those players quit. Till then they were just all very sceptical of Haley's decision. You say Hess was verbally abusive? Please I didn't see any court cases against him, seems like the players must not have been able to handle the transition from coaches that never yelled to one that did. So yeah Slattens first 2 years were not very different from coach Hess's. Point is your biggest knock on Hess is that he ran off all those girls right? Slatten did the exact same thing!!!!

Your crazy Whited didn't go to middle school games all the time. He usually made one to two games a year at best.

Hess has snowed me? How do you figure that one? Haley might very much welcome talking to coach Hess but would he listen to anything Hess tried to tell him bout basketball, I really do doubt it. Hess doesn't have me snowed because that is just what I hear from parents and former players about Haley.

First you said the boys were improving every game, now you say they have improved since summer camp. Those are completley different statements. I would sure hope they have improved since summer camp seeing as how you go into summer camp with like one week of practice. Did all the football playes play at summer camps? Just curious cause that would make a big difference.

YOu are really goinng to argue that Hess has more talent that Holland had? Holland had no bench you said? He had one team that had 7 girls play division 1 basketball. That is amazing. This team has a ton of talent but a lot of it is very young. Look at the best player on this years team, Natalee Anderson. Where will she play college ball? I wish she would play D1 but I would be called crazy by a ton of people if I said she was going to. Holland had Jolly who signed with the best college program in the nation and won 3 national titles. It doesn't matter though cause no one can sit back and watch their talent and be successful. Wasn't it early in Hollands coaching career when the girls were ranked #1 in the nation? YOu think this team could be #1 in the nation? Don't get me wrong all kinds of talent on that team and at every position but not quit #1 in the nation.

I'm sorry but this is killing me, did you move out of sparta in the 90's? They were one of the most dominant programs in the state of Tn being one of the top 3 teams in the state like 5 or 6 years in a row. They were usually #1 in the state at some point in the season in those 5 or 6 years. They did this with no transfers to my knowledge. Which means they had a ton of talented players sitting on that bench for years if they didn't then they couldn't have maintained that level of play over that long of a time period. Holland may not of used his bench but the talent was on it cause it kept coming year after year.

Let me throw in my opinion on this subject. Holland had some spectacular talent on his teams. If he had been able to coach them, there would be at least 3 Girls' State Championship banners hanging in our gym right now. 1) Ginger Jared's senior year. 2) Kellie Jolley's junior year. 3) Candice Mitchell's senior year. Holland flat couldn't coach. I think Hess can coach. He doesn't have a single player right now with college-type talent. The team is deep with good players, but none of them are superstars. The team wins, though. Hess gets the most out of his players. If he had coached the teams that Holland had, those state championship banners I mentioned would probably be in our gym right now. I personally wish we still had Keith Short. He was the coach that built Sparta to it's glory, and the coach that could have kept us there. Holland just happened to be along for the ride, and was handed the keys when Short left for Riverdale. Hess gets a lot of bang for the buck. Everyone might not agree with his methods, but he gets the job done.

[Edited by pinkpanther on 12-21-02 10:24P]