Saturday night...Livingston at White Co.

85warrior

How much experience did Hess have as head coach? Coached at

Cannon Co. for a while. Why would he leave a head coaching

job to become an assistant under Whited? Ask Cannon Co.

about him.

I liked Holland because he always dressed nice and mingled

with the Sparta fans. You under rate his coaching. Ever seen

Hess mingle with the fans? Hess has no public relations

skills. On our road games, won't even sat with the fans.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tears of laughter have dried up, so I'm going to try to type now. Hess lives in Cookeville, doesn't dress well enough, and doesn't mingle with the fans. You've convinced me. Where's that petition? I've got to sign it so we can get Hess outta here!

You have just come up with the thinnest argument against a coach that I have ever heard. Congratulations! I thought the living in Cookeville thing was dumb, but good grief!

Here comes the laughter again! Oh my sides hurt, they really hurt!

please mr. or ms. moderator, lock this thread and let's get on to something constructive...obviously, benchcoach has a personal vendetta against coach hess...i mean seriously - white county has lost one game this year !!....this discussion between 2 white co. fans is wasting bandwidth...more impotantly, it is starting to get personal and last time i checked coacht was not about people bringing grudges out in the public...if people had to post their REAL names on here it would be one thing...but to attack players and coaches secretly is another....

White Co. is a bigger school system that Cannon Co. isn't it? Maybe he left for more money. Jimmy Maynord left Sparta's head football coaching position a few years ago to make more money as an assistant at Riverdale. Maybe he came to work for Whited to get the experience and exposure. Both Sparta's girls' and boys' programs were pretty high profile at that time. Maybe he just didn't like where he was and wanted a change. He is the only person who really knows. Why don't you ask him? I'm not Hess, by the way. I don't even know the guy. I just don't like to see him taking so much silly criticism when the team is winning. He's getting the job done, so why complain? If things suddenly start to go south, then have at it.

Also...........JohnJacob, or whatever your username is, I don't see your REAL name on here either.

Pinkpanther: if you notice from my post, i am really on YOUR side...my name has no relevance in the issue...i live in franklin, tn so you would not know me from adam -what difference would it make ? if i lived in sparta i'd give you my phone number and my address....my problem is with someone who obviously is close to the situation (benchcoach) and their using this forum to attack people personally....maybe you misinterpreted my "wannabe" comment....obviously, "benchcoach" is a wannabe coach ? get it ?

JohnJacob...I could have probably worded that a little better. Sorry. I thought you were on my side, but I wasn't completely sure. The thing I like the most about these boards is the opportunity to express anonymous opinions. Some people use them for personal attacks. I don't agree with that, especially in the case of players. When I criticize, I try to do it to the team as a whole. I also do this with my praise, but I am more apt to give individual praise to a player or coach. I don't think anyone knows who I am, but I don't care if they do. I would have the same opinions if I were talking to them face-to-face. I have been told who a few people on the boards are. I don't know if I was given accurate information, and really don't care. I respect everyone's opinion. I just don't like to see things get personal. I got a little sarcastic with benchcoach a couple of posts ago, but he deserved that one.

I've never attacked Holland personally. I just don't think he was a very good basketball coach. Any remarks I made were strictly about basketball.

I have NEVER attacked Slatten. I'm one of the few supporters he has on here. Read any of my posts. I've made a few comments about the current situation with the boys' team, but the current situation is pretty bad.

If you ask me, Hess must be doing a pretty good job. The team only has one loss and is playing better than I have seen them play in a couple of years. Good players can sometimes make a coach look better than he really is. All the talent in the world, however, will get you nowhere without some direction.

I'm not your Mom, but who's your Daddy?