Saturday night...Livingston at White Co.

85warrior

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good game. Sparta's winning margin doesn't really show how close the game was. Anderson had a great game. Why isn't Agee getting to play? I noticed she was the only one on the team who didn't get into the game. I haven't seen her play at all this season. Lewis did well. I like her aggression. Sunday didn't have a lot of points, but she controlled the boards and played great defense.

A question...Is Danielle Allen not on the team this year? I noticed her in the stands.

Please allow me to ask a stupid question. Has anyone else noticed how some of Sparta's girls bounce, or hop, when they're on defense? Are they taught to do this, or is it a habit? A lot of defense is footwork. It seems to me that this constant bouncing would be disruptive to footwork. The two players I notice doing it the most are Cole and Sunday. Is it something that they carry over from volleyball? I guess I'm just crazy, but I thought I would ask.

It was a good win against a good team for the girls. I've been saying for 2 years that Anderson is a great ball player. I hope she starts getting the recognition she deserves. Usually is the best player on the floor no matter who they are playing. Sparta controlled the game and lead most of the time against a livingston team with a great coach and good players.

A good win over a decent team? I will assume that cookeville is just a decent team too then. Even though I thought you were calling them a good team. Livingston is more than a decent team I would say. I mean I"m sure benchcoach would say they had a better coach. They had one of the best players in the uppercumberland from what a lot of people say in Beechboard. The point guard (thompson) doesn't she play on a Nike team or something in the summer? I guess its just a decent win over a decent team with a decent coach. Benchcoach, I bet you thought we would get beat though didn't you? Now that we won though you act like we should have all along. I mean I thought we were going to win the whole time too. Its just you never give us a chance because of our "poor coaching" and when they do win you refuse to give any of the credit to Coach Hess, there is a shocker. Thats alright cause I'm sure he gives all the credit to the girls too. Good thing we got lucky and had our talent pull us through, hope our talent continues to carry us the rest of the year (sarcasm).

Hey fastereddie! Check out the boys' basketball thread titled "Livingston vs. White Co." Benchcoach says on there that it is "stupid to blame a coach for every loss." He sure sings a different tune over there than he does on this board. He finds things to blame Hess for on this board even if the girls win. I just thought you might find that interesting.