briarcrest vs. ryan anyone know the score?

frhsrules

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oletimes44

The win/loss record on this site is horribly incorrect.

Here is what it really is for Harpeth Hall

Warren County - Win at Riverdale

Riverdale - Win at Riverdale

St. Cecila - Win at St. Cecilia

David Lipscomb - Win at Harpeth Hall

Ezell Harding - Loss at Ezell Harding

Now, re-rank all the D2 teams and see where they fall...

Kristen Archie did not play against ECS or Briarcrest....this changes my thoughts about the mighty mighty Lady Irish. I saw FRHS slam dunk a very good single A DCA club a couple of weeks ago...to the tune of 70-29 (although I thought the game should have been closer...DCA is a good club). Anyhoo, Kristen Archie is a next level player on offense (I think she had 25 in the game) but a huge impact player on D. Get well Kristen, keep working hard Lady Irish, you ladies might get to see your "good friends" ECS somewhere down the road.

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-18-02 4:24A]

Guest defygravity

besides the fact that archie was out in the ECS game...did father ryan really play that badly to get that loss handed to them or what...did ECS play phenominally against them???

if father ryan can't play without archie, seems to me that a team like that should not just depend on one person..because heaven forbid they go down with an ACL injury where will the team be then??? and where is tish pilkerton, ive seen her play and she is very capable of single-handedly winning against most teams.

i agree ryan definatly is showing some weakness'

Mr. Gravity, you are actually right in one sense...FRHS must have Kristen Archie to win against D2 elite...I'd guess that ECS qualifies in that catagorie. I don't know when the team found out they lost Kristen, but consider the psychology: FRHS was on a roll entering the road trip (over 200 miles) and ECS spanked them out of the playoffs the last time the two teams met. I'd guess the Lady Irish were on an insecure mode knowing they were without thier version of Kobe Bryant (although whatever the mode I'm not sure FRHS could beat ECS in Nash-vegas or Memphis without Kristen). Yet the Lady Irish should get a lot of credit for rebounding against an incredible Briarcrest program (down or not). My guess is that the psychology from Friday's game to Saturday's for the Lady Irish was night and day....Also, Pilkerton is a very fine player...but if the pressure to lead a team to a win is on, Father Ryan would rather have Archie if one of the stars had to be injured. Pilkerton plays down low predominantly, while Archie floats the floor creating havok that both the girls and the team feed off of. You are right Mr. Gravity (in my opinion), I was and still am insinuating that without Kristen Archie the Lady Irish would suffer huge in a quest for either a region or state championship. It just so happens however, I believe Ms. Archie is good enough to be a winner over both Mincy from Briarcrest and Baker from HH for D2 TEAM MVP.....losing those players from thier respective programs would be tough on them as well...I hope things work out for the Irish and Kristen because they are very good. I still contend a healthy Irish team and HH team are the best in D2...with all due respect to a great bunch of the rest. Go FATHER RYAN

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-19-02 1:28A]

Guest oletimes44

The website is wrong -- Warren County lost to Harpeth Hall 45-31. For some reason, people got both the Warren County and Riverdale scores messed up when HH played them...the scores were reversed for both games.

The Henry Co. game got cancelled because of the weather in Henry County. It is re-scheduled...I am not sure when though...

And for the West "Tennesseear's"...Warren County, Riverdale, David Lipscomb and Ezell are all very respectable teams. HH beat the first three and they were all very good games. Both teams in each game played well. Against Ezell, HH was cold as ice, Ezell was hot as fire. St. Cecilia...well, they have heart they just dont have talent at all. Hope that helps you out.