Division 2 basketball

dpg123

im no genius or anythng but im pretty sure that mofototo and daniel2023 and mhalionboy03 know absolutely nothing about basketball, that they cant hit a 3 pointer to save their lives, and hvae never played basketball beyond 8 year old rec league ball. mhalionboy however seems to be keeping up with john bradford's rebounding statistics...which i doubt are accurate, maybe he is just trying to get closer to bradford to get some play. dont listen to these guys, listen to someone who is in the know when it comes to basketball.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the last post that Lausanne is overrated. However, I also agree that they will probably finish 3rd in the region by default. I was very underimpressed by MUS, Briarcrest is going to stink this year, Bishop Byrne doesn't know how to finish a game, CBHS is on rough times, and St. Benedict is too young and weak. ECS is Harding's biggest threat in the West Region. Looking ahead to Ryan, Harding might be able to survive their defense with their excellent shooting. Harding is shooting close to 60% from the field in their games, including several good defensive teams. Their depth will be a definite advantage in the postseason. On a personal note, I would never predict my team to lose, but I do try to be fairly unbiased and do try to keep up with facts and get as much as I can as accurate as possible, so I don't really appreciate "Bubba" insulting my intelligence.

GO LIONS!!!

McCallie is good, but I think I speak for the West TN D2 people when I say that East TN doesn't pose a threat to us normally. There are many good east TN teams I am sure, but Memphis owns basketball in AA and AAA and hopefully we can make it D2 as well. The middle owns D2 right now, I fully admit that, but I think the better overall teams are in the West USUALLY! I haven't seen catholic, baylor, webb, or any of those teams play...but I don't think that catholic or webb has been to the sectionals in a while, and perhaps thats why we don't know as much about them. Also there are only two teams that can advance to the sectionals.

I think father rayn has a weak backcourt. We may have lost to them but you should have seen the second half when we put pressure on there guards. Who ever said b crest is weak see if ecs, harding, cbhs will beat us. We have played 5 teams in the dandy drozen. Why is harding coach at all are games. I no he is scared but dang. I give father rayn credit they have great defense. They held me to 12 points. Good luck to all the teams.

To all on this thread:

I will not take sides in the present debate on this thread. I simply long for the days when the proof of a DII's power came in the form of beating Brainerd, Maplewood, Riverdale, Memphis East, Howard, Germantown, White's Creek, etc., etc. Granted, many of the teams therein mentioned are not the present powerhouses of 3A basketball, but there was a time when Baylor (Clark), McCallie (Carpenter), Father Ryan (Bontragger), MBA (Bowers), MUS (Peters), CBHS (ouch! three names, here), et. al., thrashed the 3A pretenders on a regular basis.

Now the supporters of DII basketball are left to comparing scores against lukewarm competition, with an occasional 3A school thrown in to support the claim. Sadly, in my view, all of you are right, and, yet, you are all wrong. That paradox will only be resolved when the present split can be abolished.

Just food for thought.

I could never spell it correctly but I feel most will have some idea when I type the name of Tyrus Baynehm who played for a school in Nashville called East around 1983. This Son of a Gun, was all that at 6-7, light brown skin, and veigns popping out of his ears. Just so happens...I was an enamoured freshman at Father Ryan, who heard our team was playing one of the best in the state. Fact was, our team was awesome...a guy played for us named Reggie Little (ask your father if your too young)...TO THE POINT....It would be awesome to have NO SPLIT...but we have one and let's go from here. Dingo, not all of the people that post think D-2 is all that (as a matter a fact, as well educated as I and the rest probably are, even when we talk smack we are very aware of clubs in Memphis etc...). Go FRHS...D-2 represnt well....oh,#5 FRHS and Reggie Little upset #3 East and Tyrus that night...and the East high school student crowd was awesome...you folks can imagine how Father Ryan's was.......

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-20-02 1:59A]

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-20-02 2:03A]

Guest hogfan10

whatever you name is. the person from bcrest who made the comment about why is coach froedden at all your games. well just how many games has he been at. are you sure hes even watchin youll? that poses a good question knowing youll are one of the weakest teams in the league. I do recall youll playing ryan and ba, and harding is playin ba saturday at bartlett. so trust me, youll have a rebuilding year coming, and it will be a long one.