bradley invitational

rcpatriot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduated from Bradley in 94, Bradley had a awesome wrestling program then, and they still have an awesome wrestling program today....Why you ask? Because they have Steve Logsdon. He has worked SOOOOOO hard to make wrestling for Bradley what it is today, and if he does not feel it need be necessary to have a wrestling match with McCallie then so be it, and why should we settle for that??? Because he is Steve Logsdon and I really don't think you would want to push the issue with him now do you??

DID NOT THINK SO!!!!

You are awesome Coach Logsdon and GOOD LUCK in the Bradley Invitational!!!!!

rcpatriot,

I'm sorry, but I can't give you a very complete list right now. This time of season is pretty hectic, so Coach Jackson, our tournament director takes care of most of the "organizational" stuff. Some teams drop while others add and I just kind of sit back and wait.

Tomorrow night, however is our seeding meeting and I'll have a complete list by late eve. If I get a chance, I'll throw it on here when I get home. Sorry I can't be more help right now.

Coach Logsdon,

I want to apologize to you for whoever this Bluewhirlygig person is. I personally do not know. But what I do know is that he is totally misrepresentative of me, my fellow teammates, my dad, and my school. In fact these Bradley and McCallie arguements make me sick. I can't stand reading all this crap that these people say about why you choose not to wrestle us or other D2 schools. I totally understand you and the Bradley faithful's point of view, and if I were in your postion I would maybe even think the same way. Bradley wrestling has a rich tradition that I am very familiar with. Growing up and watching McCallie and Bradley matches back in the late 80's and early 90's I can always remember them being barn-burners. I can remeber my dad (even though he would most likely not want me to say this) when he would be so serious with his coaching especially when his teams wrestled Bradley. That is because he respected/respects them. I personally have a history with wrestling good bradley wrestlers. When I was younger Matt Keller and I would always wrestle each other in the little league tournaments. Sad to say that I never beat him. But we always had tough little matches against each other. And then during my middle school years at McCallie I wrestled Michael Creagan I think three times he pinned me the first time when I was in 7th grade and I couldn't believe it. I can remeber that match vividly, I remember how that was the first time anyone had every really thrown legs in on me and I had no idea what to do! I wreslted him later that year and beat him something like 4-3 in a good tough match. And he then beat me again when we wrestled our 8th grade year. So I know how good Bradley wrestling is. These people on these boards that argue about this stuff really don't have a clue about the individuals. Even though I have never met you I know that you are a good man. I have watched you coach over the last couple years and seen you display characteristics of great class and humility. This is very true for many DI coaches in our area, Coach Steve Henry, Coach Danny Glibert, Coach Roger Vandergriff, Coach Brad Jackson to name a few. And the people that feel that we at McCallie and in particular my dad have a grudge toward you and your program could be no further from the truth. I can honestly sit here and tell you that I have never once heard my dad use any derogatory comment regarding you, your program, or any other program for that matter (including Baylor!) . This is because he is such a strong Christian man. Yes he can get very animated in the heat of battle, but that is just normal competive human nature...Sorry for the rambling on but I was just very disgusted at Bluewhirleygig's accusations/comments on this whole situation. Even though a dual meet with yall would be a lot of fun with some of the match ups (I would enjoy the challenge that your boy Catlett would give me) I and the rest of the true McCallie men understand why yall feel the way you do. The best of luck to you and your team this year Coach.

Lee Connnell,I have to say after reading your post I am very impressed. I had the pleasure of watching you wrestle at the state tournament last year. I didnt care much for the outcome (you beat one of our Nashville boys)But the better man won that day.I think your comments speak volumes about what kind of young man you are, both on and off the mat. Good luck this year.

Lee,

Don't you realize what it does to some of us old guys when a young man gets on here and expresses himself so well? Maybe it opens our eyes just a little wider so that we see things just a little more clearly. Maybe we're not so far apart, huh?

I have such respect for your dad. Not only as a coach and a gentleman, but as a competitor as well. It doesn't seem so long ago that the "McCallie Coach" came into my UTC practice room my Freshman year to roll around with us after his season had ended. I quickly gained an understanding that Bradley was not the only "leg school" in town. Your dad threw in his mouthpiece, then threw in his legs and made a believer of me.

It seems he knows a little something about raising a son as well. I'm humbled by your honesty and lack of a personal agenda. Thank you for taking the time to let me know how the true McCallie men feel. We don't have to agree on every issue, but only respect each other. Good luck to you, your dad and your team.

Coach Logsdon

Lee, I think your post on this issue has done more to open the eyes of a lot of people than any post that has been written on the Bradley/McCallie issue. I for one have always respected your dad and his program, but I must agree with legman that you are a very impressive young man as well. I'm sure both your parents are very proud of you and I know your dad reads this message board at times so I want to say that while Bradley and McCallie has had their differences there has always been a mutual respect for both McCallie and Bradley wrestling programs. I know you can't speak for all McCallie supporters just as I can't speak for all Bradley supporters, but hopefully the message you shared with us will be read OTHERS and maybe all this going back and forth will come to an end.

Also, Lee I really don't know how your how your season will turn out but I want to wish you the best. I think that if you're anywhere near as good of a wrestler as you present yourself as a gentleman you will be very successful. Also, don't be surprised if you find that you have a few new fans from Bradley County.

There are those of us who would like to see parts, at least, of two outstanding tournaments which will take palce this weekend. Would it be posible for Bradley and McCallie to post the time schedules for their respective tournaments for Friday and Saturday? I plan to make a day of watching wrestling on Saturday and hope that I can coordinate the times to see some of both tournaments.

duggerd1, This is what I know so far: Wrestling will begin 6pm Friday end around 10pm. Saturday wrestling will begin at 9am and the finals will begin at 5pm(top 6 in each weight will wrestle at the same time for medals.) Here is a list of teams(please excuse my poor spelling).

Bradley, Cleveland, Brentwood, Halls, Houston, Hewitt-Trusville,AL, Prestonburg, KY, Huntsville,AL, Maryville, William Blount, South Doyle, Kenwood, Hixson, Karns, Union County, Seymour, Jefferson County, Chattanooga Central, and Notre Dame are the teams that are confirmed to be there that I know of.

Sly:

Thanks for posting the teams - tough competition.

The starting time for Friday might be 5:00 PM. My kid wrestles for Notre Dame and brought home a hand-out saying wrestling would begin at 5:00 PM on Friday. Weigh-ins on Friday at 3:00 PM and weigh-ins Saturday morning at (yawn) 7:00 AM.

This tournament will be exciting.