Smith v Gordonsville- Round 2

savethelove

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause I just HAD to get back to Memphis and coach there. One of the really STUPID moves I have made.....those guys were winners......and great young men. I will regret that move till the day I die......then again I would not have done some good things elsewhere....so it all evens out. Since I still consider myself an Owl I hope they put a whuppin on those Tigers.

Man, what a game. Sleeper got 3 fouls in the first quarter....it was kinda obvious...that ref didn't like him.....2 charges...which weren't even close....and after the 2nd charge...a T....G-ville thought they had it them. They got up by 15 at half, but the Owls showed how big their heart was. With the crowd all over them....they overcame this decifit and ended up winning by 8. Sleeper ended up with 24.....as he had some awesome plays....that pass...around his neck no look..as the ball was going out he caught it one handed...took it around his neck and passed it to a wide open Winkler...it was sweet. Shannon Glover had a career high 26. Great job Owls.

Sleeper nearly cost his team a ball game last night for several reasons. The first being his comments on this board last week did nothing but fire up the Gordonsville kids. If he has no more respect for an opponent than that then he should keep his thoughts to himself and just play ball. Second, if you get a foul called on you that you may not agree with, the thing to do is shut up and go play defense. Whether the call was right or wrong, you don't pick up your third foul halfway through the third quarter on a technical. That was stupid.

First of all Sleeper's attitude stinks. He might not realize it but when he acts like that, he leaves a bad impression on the referees & you know they will be out to get him all year. Why act like a 2 year old & pout all the time. Better yet a 2 year old don't pout as much. You just need to grow up & play the game. Winning or loosing you need to act like a grown up. I think you & that Bane girl would be a great match both of you have the same attitude.You all need to loose the attitude. Ryan you are a good ball player, just please loose the attitude.

Guest 3shooter

And what are you talking about... Sleeper's attitude is not terrible, he just plays with a lot of emotion. He gets fired up, and that is what wins ballgames for his team and he knows that. Sleeper is not the one I saw talking trash last night, and I was sitting all the way at the top. Carthage played hard and came out on top. There has been plenty of comments made slamming Carthage, so I don't know where you get off saying that Sleeper's attitude about cost Carthage the game, because it looks like to me, that he kept his team motivated till the end. Sleeper is a player that can get 3 fouls in the first quarter, and play the rest of the game with no problem. Maybe, Gordonsville should be taking some notes!! As for the Bane girl, she is a good player and she is aggresive. Her attitude has not caused her any problems yet. Keep up the good work. ;)

Just another example of tastelessness...........I'm speaking of G-ville's fans attitude towards yet another season of "hard faught" losses at the hands of "Smith County" High School. I get so sick of hearing all the crap that goes along beating these fans that think playing hard and acting better means a hill of beans. YOU CAN'T WIN. Be honest with yourselves and come to the realization that this is the case and winning does matter. The only people you ever saying it doesn't are the losers. Go Owls and Owlettes. Your attitudes are terrific and each and every one of you are great kids. Gordonsville --- See you next year for more of the same. HAHAHAHAHAAHAH. :D

GREAT GAME! GREAT GAME! GREAT GAME! Excellent job last night Owls. After being down the way you were, then fighting back to take the win the way you did was very impressive and exciting to watch. Sleeper, don't listen to any of this stuff. Keep playing hard! GREAT WIN! GREAT WIN! GREAT WIN! Good Luck throughout the rest of the season!

Why don't you tell your crowd to grow up? When a high school player has grown adults cussing and talking smack to him on the floor.....he's gonna be a lil' emotional. I still have great respect for G-ville and their team. Jon Austin is probably the best player I have gone up against. He is a heck of a player and will win ya'll alot of games. No hard feelings here, good luck to ya'll. :D