Wayne Co./Mt Pleasant

tfranks24

Whats everyone think about this matchup. I went to the Mt pleasant/ Zion game last night and I have to say I don't think Mt Pleasant can match up with our guards. Webster is a good post but he is only 6'2 and I think Gallian can guard him. #25 for the Tigers can play too but like I say, I would be disappointed if we don't win by at least 10.

Guest TheOldGuy

I also went to the game last night. What are you talking about. I heard that yall have solid guards, but c'mon now did you see that Kersey kid. I read the paper today, he had 17 and 7 boards. Kee Webster had 20. Jemarcus Webster had 15 (didnt play that good, could of had bout 20 also) And what are you talking about he is only 6 2. I guarantee you he is one of the best posts in the district. I think it will be a good game but you will be disappointed if yall dont win by 10. Thats CRAZY! You just need to quit talking crap and just go out and play!

First off lets get something straight, I wasn't talking crap, I was stating my opinion about the game which is the purpose of this board there chief. If I came out and said "yoyoyo the cats are gonna put a whippin on those tigers" that would be talking crap. Secondly, last time I checked a 10 point game is a pretty close game. I said myself that Mt Pleasant has some guys that can play but don't go listing all their great stats against a team that has won only one game. We'll see how crazy I am in about 9 hrs.

I have to agree with the old man tfranks on this one. I saw Mt. Pleasent last nite and they are a pretty good team. but it is like most of the other teams they have had, one or two guys that know what they are doing out there and the other players just running around using their athletic ability. Kersey is a good player as well as webster but that is about it. In no way can they match up with wayne counties guards. and our post can hang in there with the tigers and wayne co. comes away with the win.

Guest TheOldGuy

Look man, sorry if i offended you by saying you were talking crap, but that is just how it came off to me. But I have read other threads about Wayne Cty. and a bunch of guys talk crap. Sorry. I know it is going to be a good game. I dont know much about Wayne County but I have heard that they have solid guards, probably the best in the distict. I wish both teams good luck.

Guest TheOldGuy

Well Good call franks on the win by what was it 10 to 12 points. I was not at the game but I just heard that MP got beat by Wayne Cty. Dont know anything about that team, but they must be better than what everyone at the beginning of the season thought! Tigers have to bounce back and beat CA Friday night.

No problem there old guy, I just wanted to clarify I am not a big trash talker. Like I thought, this one was a good one with Wayne County pulling away in the last quarter. We were playing with our heads up our butts the first half and then came out and brought it to the Tigers the 2nd half. As always all three guards had a positive game(Miller, Byrd,Nutt). York hit some big shots and once again Gallian had a very solid defensive performance. Big props to my "scrapper" Mosley who came in and sparked us with some key shots and steals.Great job Cats. Lets bring our second half performance to the first half of the Santa Fe game this Friday night.

And to #25 from Mt Pleasant. Good luck the rest of the season. Wouldn't mind having you over here in the 'boro on our side.