Nick Stiggers to BTW, New favorite in AA??

cobrafan90

Actually, I think what Campbelle was implying is that Stiggers returned to the same home in Memphis. Normally, this would mean that he would be in the same school zone and thus attending the same school... but obviously, thanks to Memphis's open enrollment policy he is not.

I like the open enrollment policy from an academic standpoint, but players should not be allowed to enroll at different schools for athletic reasons.

This is an unfair advantage. A kid in the rest of the state would have to go to the school in his zone. In Memphis he can come back and pick his school. I bet this is sometimes done with this very situation in mind. If I were a good post player BTW and a great point guard might look very inviting. This is called loading up. AAU ball at its finest.

If Stiggers is legal at BTW, I'll eat my hat. He wasn't even legal at Hillcrest and left there under a cloud of controversy. Went to Calif. and enrolled in a prep school for more "pub" and because of his grades. (Has a tremendous ego problem!!) Left in the middle of the year and left his team and coach high and dry. Now he all of a sudden decides he wants to bless Memphis with his presence once again and then has the gall to say in the paper that he gets to simply select which school he wants to go to now. Claims that "no one can hold him in Tennessee." If the TSSAA is not all over this...then it is a sham and should be disbanded. Let's go to open season, no holds barred, recruiting and let the chips fall where they may!!!