Wayne County/ Santa Fe

tfranks24

Hey DickieV I wouldn't count Collinwood as a sure win. They did beat Summertown. If they are playing good they can hang with anyone. I'm sure they are going to be a lot of trash talk when the Collinwood vs Wayne Co game comes along. There always are. Maybe the outcome will be like the other games Wayne Co has trashed talked about. ;) But either way it goes I think it will be a great game.

tsf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimmyjama

tfranks24 you don't know what you are talking about refs are never the ones who controll the game the only person who can control the game is the players... the refs can only get inside the players head.. only losers make an excuse or blame a loss on the refs futher more the refs called not so great both ways... i say that santa fe didn't bring there a game and still walked out of that gym with a win because we did not make excuses........ it was a good game. so tfranks who ever you are for don't blame a lss on the refs.

Guest jimmyjama

pmpd00 you said it yall beat santa fe in to pre season games the fact is that santa fe is ten times as good as they was then and as far as it really matters the only time we played yall in the season was last year and i don't need to tell you what happened. remember i think the killed yall

Lets clear up all this trash talking between Santa Fe and Fairview!!!

1.Fairview only beat Santa Fe once in the pre-season!

2.No one player dominated either team!

3.Pre-Season games don't matter!

4.A loss is a loss, it doesn't matter if it is by 1 or 100!

5.Fairview has improved alot since last year!

6.Last time I checked Santa Fe was A, Fairview was AA!

7.Fairview DIDN'T schedule a game with Santa Fe this year!

Hey Jimmy Jama

You need to learn how to read. You know, grouping words together to form complete sentences. If you'll go back to my post I clearly did not blame the refs for losing last night. I tried to be impartial and congratulate Santa Fe on having a good team. I said EVERYONE got shafted last night. You guys need to be intelligent enough to comprehend someones post before you reply. And if you think the refs don't have the ability to control a game then you my friend don't even need to be having a discussion about b-ball. Who knows what would have happened if the refs hadn't called so poorly. WC missed alot of shots and didn't play as well as expected but the refs lost control of this game from the very start. Anyway say what you want I moving on to the next game now.

Hey TFranks,

you know, year to year this is a continuous point of controversy. I truly do not want to sound like I am bad mouthing the refs here because I definately don't want the job. The only reason I am commenting is because of the game that I watched last Friday night. I got to stop by the C.A. and Summertown game. (girls only) Though the calls that the refs made did not influence the outcome of the game it was still sad to watch the crew on the court. Honestly, one official was so noticably overbearing and the other two were so truly green. I witnessed so many no calls that it was almost humerous. I was actually standing there thinking that I wish there were some kind of higher standards that these guys had to measure up to. Oh well. I know I haven't accomplished a thing with this post but I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who thinks that there are some REALLY BAD refs out there.

T

santa fe played a good game and wayne co didnt play very good. i think this is the first time in history that the refs called a technical on a fan for saying something. miller and byrd were both in foul trouble when this happened. after the "T" was called santa fe went on a run and got up by 10 at the end of the first quarter which i think was the turning point of the game. miller hit one three and then the next two he shot the santa fe players went right under him before he came down and the refs didnt call a foul. but when we did that to them the called fouls. and there was no over the back calls which favored santa fe. but i will admit wayne co had a chance to get back in the game and just didnt make shots. santa fe made shots and wayne co didnt.

Thelma

Thanks for adding to my point. And I am with you on not wanting the job as well. I don't have the vaguest clue of what criteria a TSSAA ref has to meet but judging by what I have seen it can't be much. Don't get me wrong I've seen some great referees who have a nack for the trade but seems like now days for every one good ref you have two bad ones. If you were at the Jr High County tournaments, the game between Collinwood and Clifton boys was embarassing for everyone. Also these "newschool" refs need to get some thicker skin. They threaten to throw you out for saying the slightest word against them. Anyway, like you say I doubt our mutual ramblings about the TSSAA ref guidelines will get any further than this board, but at least its been said.