Trey Pearson

OCRebel

I watched the first half of the Ole Miss/Virginia Commonwealth game the other day, and it was good to see that Trey was starting down there. He looks a thicker than I remember him in HS. Jonathan Loe also got to play quite a bit and had several good plays. VCU featured Willie Taylor formerly of LaVergne and Georgetown. He is their best player, averaging 20 a game this year and he had about 12 or 14 at halftime of this game. Its good to see the former tn hs players doing so well at the next level.

Did anyone else who was at the game or watched it on TV think that Trey looking very intimidated Thurs. night? I don't think he is ready for 18500 screaming fans yet. I know he is a freshman and I am sure this was a good learning experience for him, but Ole Miss doesn't need many games from him where he gets more fouls than points.

Of course I'm not complaining! That dunk that Carney had all over him was awesome!

yeah..who would want a freshman who is 10th in the SEC in assists...and 2nd in assist to turnover ration. Coach Barnes obviously wants a point guard who will take care of the ball and not try to do too much with it. The fact that he thinks Trey does the best job of doing what he wants done..says a lot. They already have 3 guys who can score..and who love scoring. Trey has a different role than what people around here are used to seeing him have. As for the dunk..it happens to everyone at some point. But give him some time before you critisize his scoring. I see him averaging double figures next year as a sophomore...

Trey is doing a very nice job running that team. He will score given time to adjust to the new system. Anyone who saw him play in high school will never question his ability to score. Trey will end up on the SEC all-freshman team and will be all conference in a couple of years. He is the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said that Trey was not the real deal. I had the pleasure of seeing him several times while he was at South Fulton, and I know what he is capable of. The point I was trying to make is that he will be VERY key to Ole Miss this year, and if cannot preform better than he did against the Tigers in a hostile environment, they will struggle this year. I know Trey is going to be a great player. I don't want to take anything away from him and his future. They just need him to step up and not be intimidated like so many Freshman are.