What went on in Mo-town??

Chrome

Listening to the 2nd half of the M East- Hancock game, and I cannot believe the score or what seems to be going on in the stands.

Thankfully, the announcers got back to covering the game & not the fans or blaming officials.

And I thought the high school hoops were about to die in this area..

Of all the places I have been to following high school basketball, I have never seen more devoted and loyal fans, than the Hancock County Indian fans! They follow wherever the Inidans set up camp. Not just family, but FANS!!!! And being so passoniate about the game, it is hard when a game is officiated badly and sit quietly in the stands, whether it be for the losing side or the winning side. There are times when emotions get out of hand in any circumstance, not just sports. For those that can control them, I appaud you; for those that can't, I understand!

What went on is I got hit in the head with a bottle...it bounced off of my noggin and hit coach Decker in the shoulder.

The Hancock fans are normally pretty classy, but on certain occassions, they've had some really ugly behavior. Is this what happens when things don't go your way?

Is it true that the guy that threw the bottle was the same guy that threw one in the Oneida sub-state game last year and went after Chase McBee at Rutledge after McBee fouled Mike Matthews hard to prevent a dunk???? Can someone not control him?

I thought before the game, and still think, that Hancock County is a better team than East. Rocky needs more help...period. He had 25 and Lyons had 9. Seal was in foul trouble from what I was told (I didn't make it over there until the third quarter after watching Rutledge knock off West at West).

[Edited by KevB1990 on 12-23-02 9:50A]

I had to cover the desk and get the paper out. Obviously, Richardson couldn't handle Rocky and Seal had a bigger impact in the West game. West, however, isn't as good as East is this year. East is already 1-up on West for the city championship in roundball.

Still though, Hancock's hopes for post season success rely on Rocky getting help from Seal, Lyons and one of the Belcher boys on a nightly basis. I don't mean that they have to score 20 to go with his 30, but somewhere from 9-13 each from them is what Hancock needs to be successful this year.

All that aside, I think it's a mistake for Johnson to have Rocky on the perimeter. He's the best post player in East Tennessee,regardless of classification, and an occasional three-ball is fine, but more than an occasional one is a sign that you're getting away from your bread and butter.