What Middle Schools Have Spring Programs

PowerSoftball

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coffee co. middle school is trying to start a middle school team next year we try for one this year but the school board did not think we could find games and have a successful year as far as organization. BUt we are still happy to be moving in the right direction.

Blount county has had middle school programs

for a couple years.

Heritage Middle

William Blount Middle

Eagleton Middle

Carpters Middle

also i think Kingston,Midway had middle school

programs that all of the Blount County Schools played.

Maryville dont have one or Alcoa....

One of the best Middle School programs in the state that I know of is in the Hendersonville TN. area. This is a well established program and has been running for about 6 years now. It usually has 10-12 teams in the league. If you need information contact the Hendersonville Board of Parks and recreation. (Sorry I don't have a number for you).

Catholic middle Schools have a fall school league (Davidson county) There are a few good players too. if ya need games in the fall to prime your team before spring 2004. just a thought. :)

Goodpasture does not have a middle school program. We do keep 8th graders on the varsity. In 2001 we started 4 to 5 eighth graders on the varsity and kept 4 last year with 1 starting and 3 playing roles on the team. We had a middle school team for 3 years. I believe it is better for the younger girls to play on travel teams in the spring as they get more games against higher level competetion than you will find in middle school leagues. Now this is not true outside of the larger metropolitan areas and this is where I feel middle school ball can be important. I know many will disagree with this statement but I have been around this block before and this is my experience