Overated Upper E. TN Teams

GovMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Surf4life:

Nobody claims SH and DB are the greatest teams in the world, state, whatever, but they are very good teams.

No one claims that? You (especially) and others have claimed that many times.

For as big as DB & SH are, they sure put out some mediocre teams! This year's SH team is a prime example of mediocrity. The funny thing is....SH is still very overrated & SH is getting kids from outside of the state to play for them. That is not even HS basketball.

[Edited by wsp on 1-10-03 12:52P]

wsp your post doesn't suprise me...you are a Greeneville fan. You guys thought you were going to be awesome this year and so far your season hasn't turned out that way so you're disappointed and obviously taking it out on your opponents. SH has beaten Greeneville 2 already this year and DB also beat you. And don't give me that crap about home cookin because SH beat you on a neutral court. Your post just proves how pitiful Greeneville fans are. Greeneville needs to learn to stink those defeats up and quit crying about them. But then again you guys do have the world's biggest baby for a coach so I guess I understand why you can't get over your losses. And like I said DB and SH fans do not come on here and claim they are the best.........we know they're not,we know they're good and that's all we say. GET OVER IT

wsp name me the guys you seem to be claiming SH recruits from out of state to play for them? Oh yeah that's right there aren't any. You can't name guys who move to Johnson City and then go out for the team. You're trying to say SH recruits out of state guys and that's the dumbest thing I've read on this board.

Ref: Arby's Classic - 1st round game. Marryville won by 3 or 5 pts.

D-B may have won that game if Wooten had been in the game. he sat out until mid way 3rd qtr. He scored 8pts in the 1-1/2 qtrs he played and Marryville could not stop him. Wooten was late for practice and the coach was making an example of him to the rest of the team. Also, Seth Jervis was only about 70% healthy with a gimpy ankle. Both are fine now and starting. Maybe D-B will get another shot at the Rebles (full strength) if not, no big deal.

But,,,,, I can't wait until we get SH at home (:rolleyes:), no way they win that game. PS>>> SH know's it too. :x

What's up Art. Science Hill had a battle at Sullivan South tonight. SH was playing without starter Julius Bowling due to injury, but they really struggled tonight and I know I never thought they would've. Nice prediction bro. SH won by 13, but had probably their poorest performance so far this season. They're shooting percentage was horrible and they had trouble hanging onto the ball for some reason. With Bowling's absence it was a good thing Matt Lorencen really stepped up under the basket. Barcel played awful for the Toppers tonight. I don't know where Lorencen has been but he showed up tonight in a big way. If SH plays like they did tonight they will be in trouble when they go to DB. Does anybody know when Julius will be back from his injury?

An Open Message to Surf4:

Man, I'd almost forgotten about this thread until it popped back up today. So I get to looking back and see where you called me and idiot again. That made me wonder, so I started looking at some of your other posts and I see that you do that alot to people ... call them "idiots" or "stupid", etc. Man, are you insecure or what?

I love the back and forth banter on here, but it gets kind of old being called an idiot. I might be one, but I don't need to be reminded by you. My wife can handle that job.

And by the way, as you learned, I'll not quote or say somebody said something if they didn't. I don't need to do that to make my points and I certainly don't need to resort to personal attacks on people I don't even know.

GovMan

[Edited by GovMan on 1-10-03 10:00P]

Well surf, to me it sounds like you want to whine and whine..........and yes whine a little bit more when things aren't said to yuor liking. It's pretty obvious to evryone and quite frankly it's getting old.

I don't mean to be hateful, but hey gotta say something.

Why do you and others get on here now that Science Hill is having a so-so season out of the last 15-16 years and say they are overrated? If they are then name me ONE other AAA east TN team that has done what they have done. Science Hill has won 3 state titles and been 2nd in three. That's a team that has played in 6 state shampionships. Only Austin East has more (8) won three and 2nd five times. So how is Science hill overrated? That one gets by me. I'm an avid DB fan, but let's give prop where props belong. The top teams right now have proved to be Maryville and YES William Blount. I can admit who is doing good and who is not. The Hill is having a down year, if you compare them to other years, but they will still be in the hunt for Murfreesboro. Best of luck to all teams.....Go Volunteer in AA!!!!!!

To be absolutely honest, I was just trying to get a rise from some of the upper E.Tn folks ... and I think I was successful.

One cannot question S.H.'s rich tradition. I don't think of DB as being a basketball school as much as I do a football school, but evidently they're pretty strong too. I know there are some other great schools up there to ... I think Greenville knocked off William Blount early, didn't they?

Bottom line, whether it's Bearden, Maryville, Blount, ... whoever , they are still going to have to go through Science Hill most likely at some point if they are going to advance far into the post season.

GovMan

Posted by Stokomo:

Why do you and others get on here now that Science Hill is having a so-so season out of the last 15-16 years and say they are overrated?

The Hill is having a down year

So basically, you have just contradicted yourself.

If you go by just the win column, then SH isn't having a down year. SH will never have a bad team, but this team is one of the weaker ones I have seen. Most all of their games have been close ones (at least the ones that were half-way good). They beat Greeneville & DB with lucky shots they pulled out of their ###### right before the buzzer. William Blount beat them...

Surfersomething-

When did I ever say Greeneville as the best? I don't think that at all, but I think they can beat SH. The talent is equal in my opinion.

[Edited by wsp on 1-11-03 1:09P]