Overated Upper E. TN Teams

GovMan

Surf, I need to ask you something, since your from johnson city, but id rather not on the forums. Could you please email me at colonel_templar@hotmail.com ? I would appreciate it, thanks.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by wsp:
Posted by Stokomo:

Why do you and others get on here now that Science Hill is having a so-so season out of the last 15-16 years and say they are overrated?

The Hill is having a down year

So basically, you have just contradicted yourself.

Actually, no he didn't. He said the fact that they are having one down year doesn't mean they're overrated.

All of you guys have to learn that people from william blount like to speak out of their a** a lot. Science Hill and DB have great traditions and are both really good teams this year. I'm from maryville and i know that when our guys played SH and DB at Arby's they were hard fought games by both teams. I know SH had some players sitting or whatever, it probably would have made a difference. I'm sure we'll find out when tournament time comes around.

Posted by WSP...SH is still very overrated & SH is getting kids from outside of the state to play for them. That is not even HS basketball.

Post by WSP...For as big as DB & SH are, they sure put out some mediocre teams!

Do you remember those statements? Now, to me, when you say that "they put out some mediocre teams," that is saying in other years also by putting teams as plural. Also by your statement of "SH is STILL very overrated," are you not saying other teams from the past are overrated. So to make me out to be a contradiction is ironic. Please check yourself before you say someone is contradicting themselves. I'm just giving you proof that Science Hill has constantly had better-than-mediocre teams. I didn't even mention how many times they still went to the state and didn't make it to the championship game.

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-11-03 11:29P]

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-11-03 11:30P]

My daddy taught me that it is better for one to remain quit and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Now answer me this how does claiming Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett are overrated make Greeneville look good? Especially in light of the fact that they have not beat either of them this year and in fact have lost to Science Hill TWICE. Seems to me that it would make your team look better if the teams they play are the best teams. That is why I am for the teams my team plays when they are playing someone other than a fellow conference team. In that case it depends. Neither of those teams are in Greeneville's conference. So why would you want to tear them down?

I just do not understand your logic. I guess it is the same reason the rest of the State gets whatever they want but we cannot because we are too busy destroying each other. Seems to me we need to be sticking together here in Northeast Tennessee. You see this thread was started by someone outside of N.E. Tennessee. They were making fun of us. Grow up and get over your losses to Science Hill. The better they are the better it makes the rest of us look.

He's talking about cheering for one another outside conference play in east TN. The message was really to the people in East TN who cheer for the teams not from around East TN to beat Science Hill and DB. I went to DB and am an avid DB fan, but when Science Hill goes to the state, I always cheer for them. I have seen first hand, especially during AAU, how west TN teams think about East TN. They very much dislike Science Hill, maybe because the Hill has a lot of success that West TN thinks they should have every year. I cheered for Maryville against Wheeler Ga, and MAryville beat my alma (DB) and Science Hill. Everyone has their reasons for cheering for or against a conference foe playing someone outside the area, but I will cheer for any team from this area playing elsewhere. That's just respect.

But you are putting your own team down. If Science Hill is overrated, what does that say about Greeneville when they have lost to Science Hill twice? I hate Kentucky because I am a Tennessee fan. We just lost to them. Why am I going to claim that Kentucky should not be ranked as high as they are? If Kentucky should not be ranked then Tennessee certainly should not be ranked. Your situation is analogous. What does rivalry have to do with that concept?