Rossview Duals Results

dragonwrestler

Yep, I can remember when he got thrown out of his own tournment. He made a Show of himself then for sure. I think he needs to act like a better sportsman than he does. To be a Coach he difinately needs help in the field of sportsmanship. He difinately needs to apoligie to Mr Manning. Maybe that would be a good start for him. The road to recovery, Right??? Who Knows?? :o

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make sure I understand this. Who decides weight allowance? An individual tournament director? A coach? TSSAA?

Also, at weigh-ins who approves an individual wrestler at a particular weight? An official or a coach? If a wrestler is 1.8 over, can he compete? If he's .8 over can he compete? Who decides? If he is overweight and does compete, what is the result?

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm still a bit confused. Bear with me.

If the weight is 103, who decides the qrestler gets an extra pound? I thought if you wrestled on Friday, you would get one pound on Saturday.

Then all teams get one extra pound on Saturday, even if they don't wrestle on the day before? How do teams get two pounds?

Can an SAWAI overrule a tournament director? What is the maximum number of pounds a tournament director can allow?

What about wrestlers who are overweight and compete? Does the SAWAI handle that too?

The SAWAI would not have a reason to complain about the 7 pounds if a team is wrestling on the 8th day in a row. Although I agree with the spirit of giving the two pounds on the Monday in question, to allow Grissom a legitimate chance to get down to weight, the SAWAI is correct in his interpretation. I personally wouldn't have a problem with the 2 pounds, but my team wasn't involved. I respect Grissom for wrestling anyone and everyone and scheduling a tough travel schedule. It was just unfortunate that the weight issue kept them out of the event.

Reference your commenmt KKW, don't know the answer and don't really care. The problem still is you need to show alittle respect to you elders and take a lesson or two in sportsmanship. I repeat myself, Arty Manning is a Gentleman and did not deserve your comment at all. So quit crying and do what is right. This is the last you will here from me on this subject. :D

This came up in coversation and by no means am I trying to step on toes here, but what is Artie's official position with the team and school? Is he a coach, booster, teacher, organizer, non-faculty volunteer? Everyone needs someone like him around their program. He is truly a jack of all trades. Based on what has been written in this thread, he also wanted to ensure his team would not get into any trouble for participating in an event that was not going to conform to NFHS rules. Keep up the good work Artie.

who cares if artie manning has lied before what does it have anything to do with this thread at all. all artie did was straighten things out so teams wouldnt get penalized. i had heard anyone in the tournament using the 2 pound allowance would get penalized. clarksville would have wrestled scratch weight none of their guys needed the allowance anyway. Everyone else should have been too. i think the problem was with whoever came up with the 2 pound allowance.

[Edited by MatWizard87 on 1-9-03 6:00P]