McGavock job is open

sonofshadow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry Shadow, but I'm a bit slow and can't quite comprehend your post that reads and I quote, "McGavock has no zone loyalties for a one semester coach". Now that sounds as if you're blasting someone but I'm just not sure so could you pleeeaassee clear this up for me so I may step into the light.

drknows- you may be correct, they say memory is first to go but I have a lot tied for first place. Sorry not to get your humour. Answer to your question on another tread and I am honest i-8-1 and I was so proud and thankful eor that win and tie, also was very proud of the players on the team for never giving up, quitting, or looking for excuses.

drknows- AGE young or old has never been a qualification for a good coach.

:D

I agree. I think you pronounced judgement on Abner without giving him a chance. All I wanted was for you to see that. If the future shows he couldn't do the job then so be it. He had nothing to do with Bubba not getting the job, so don't hold it against him. He is a good guy and I think he will do a good job. Let him grow older (and wiser) as well. Who knows maybe he"ll beat BGA 10-0 in the Tobacco Bowl in his 2nd year :D

Thank you Shadow, I appreciate you punching those two holes in the paper bag that was over my head! Also it is good to see that some folks haven't hit the Rocking Chair just yet,right DRKS... Now as for Broome, being young, energetic,and having that ability to adapt and blend in with anybody, that makes him a candidate to certainly consider. Remember, GOOD COACHES don't win because they have strong ties to a certain community or they're old enough to eat free at Shoney's and old doesn't necessarily make them a GOOD COACH; they win because they can RELATE TO THEIR PLAYERS & COACHES, THEY CAN MOTIVATE THEIR PLAYERS, THEY ARE VERY WELL RESPECTED BY THEIR COACHES & PLAYERS NOT FOR THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS BUT FOR THEIR CHARACTER AND THE RESPECT THAT IS RECIPROCATED BACK TO OTHERS THAT MAY BE IN THEIR PRESENCE AND FINALLY, GOOD COACHES HAVE THE CAPABILITIES OF GETTING 120% EFFORT OUT OF THEIR PLAYERS!!!! :D

[Edited by BigTank on 1-9-03 1:05P]

Guest Gladiator1

Good post BigTank. Broome probably is a serious candidate for 1 of the openings. There are a few other well qualified metro employees that would succeed at the opportunity.

Scappy, i think the only metro coaches who have private schools in their background are Jerry Link and Jim Wilson. Jerry left, i think, FRA to become an assistant at Hillwood before eventually becoming the head guy. And Wilson's departure from Goodpasture to Glencliff, where he was an assistant first, has been well documented.

If there are going to go outside of metro, now may be the best time to do it.

Guest Gladiator1

Link left a teaching assignment at Bellevue Middle to become Head Coach at Hillwood. He was an assistant to Phil Grammar at Hillwood before he took the job. Link was an excellent assistant coach. His hands have been tied because of lack of a capable staff.