Gibson County-Westview matchup

coachshorty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of your posts have refered to how bad Gibson County is going to beat Westview. Are you a fan of GC or do you know something that everyone else does not? Have you even seen these two teams play? I have seen both against quality and common opponents: and I am just wondering what leads you to make such a bold prediction?

Insight please.

By reading all the posts, I don't believe anyone is offended. Everyone has supported their case as to why they feel their respective team will win. You have not. Swap some info, and let the viewers know why you feel it will be such a blow out.

As for not being able to compete with middle and east Tennessee, I don't think that is the question. East Tennessee does not compare to the West in any way, shape, or form. There is only 1 district in middle Tennessee that can make a statement like that.

I have just one question? How many AA state titles does Westview or Gibson County have in the last 5 years.

Just because they may be the best AA team in west Tennessee

doesnt win you the gold ball. Some of us on this board are ready to claim the state championship when they win their district.

Actually, I can.

1) David Russell is the best girls coach in Tennessee, but not by far. I heard on the radio last night that Coach McMillan won his 300th game in his 12th season. That is 25 wins a season, which is pretty close to Coach Russell's.

2) The arguement that Baird is the best player depends on what you look for. She is awesome, but I would not call her the best player.

3) The loss of Fuqua is big, but I think you are missing something because I don't think you have seen both of these teams play. There are two other girls on the Westview squad that have come out of nowhere to be big time contributors with Fuqua's absence. Case in point was the game against Dyersburg Saturday night. A week earlier, Westview barely beat D-burg with Fuqua only being out for about a week. Last night (Jan. 4th), if Westview would have hit their lay-ups, they would have won by 25 instead of 12.

But thanks for answering the question. The real question will be answered Friday night. It should be one heck of a game.

[Edited by thebeave on 1-5-03 8:02P]

Every game is for district honors this time of year. Good try at sarcasm though.

Yes I have, but you forgot to read the thread that you are posting on. It is:

Gibson County-Westview matchup

I have also noticed that you have not wieghed in on that thread either. If you know so much, give us another well thought out defense of who you think will win, just like you did on this one. :)

[Edited by thebeave on 1-5-03 9:44P]

[Edited by thebeave on 1-5-03 9:45P]