Gibson County-Westview matchup

coachshorty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a very evenly matched game. I have seen Gibson County play six or seven times. Baird is hard to stop on the block. Their guard play is very solid. They go around 4 deep off the bench. Dudley is the main player off the bench, I believe she is a freshman. She has been playing extremely well.

I have only seen Westview one time this year. It was against Obion Central. Fuqua was very impressive that game. Westview also has a talented freshman coming off the bench, but I'm not exactly sure of her name. Cavin is a good scorer and if you don't guard the Reynolds girl on the perimeter you can easily find yourself in trouble.

It is my understanding that Fuqua has been practicing with the team but is not going to play until the Gibson County game. This should provide Westview's bench with some valuable game experience for later in the year.

Both teams are extremely well coached. The team that stays out of foul trouble will win the game.

Should be a packed house. Good luck to both teams.

You are a certified nut!!!! Does Western State Mental hospital ring a bell??????

If you think Russell is better than McMillan, then preach on. Russell is a great coach and motivates his girls, and always gets the best out of them. McMillan is just as good a coach as Russell, no he does not own 6 single A girls gold balls. But, I guarantee he will win his share of games if he stays with it as long as Russell has. McMillan has won everywhere he has been, and will continue to do so. Some of the teams he has had at Westview look so weak, and he continues to get the job done. This is the 1st year since he has been here that he can physically compete on the state level. In years past, we have had good teams, but at the state tourney, normally the strongest team wins.

There are numerous good coaches in west Tennessee, but to say Russell is King, what is his record against McMillan???? Answer that one. Russell raised the bar for girls' b-ball in west Tennessee, and I believe he will be in the state tourney again this year, along with McMillan.

GET UP 'VIEW

Guest flyinghigh

Baird is awesome; as long as she's not in foul trouble. Westview played two games this weekend without two of their starters (Fuqua and DeSantis) and never missed a beat. The Bellamy girl is a horse. Farrell (kid from Collierville maybe??) plays hard from buzzer to buzzer. Don't leave Reynolds alone or she will burn your butt from half-court. Brundige is playing her best ball right now. Gibson County/Westview should be the best game in town this week. DeSantis is shooting better than I have ever seen. It'll be a battle of some really good guards and two super coaches.

Well, you can think all you want to think about coaches.

May we remind you that Westview beat Gc last year with this same team. (DeSantis was hurt at the time.) Second, I wouldn't be suprised if Ferrell outplayed every girl on your team. She is an outstanding player and is one of the best in West Tennessee. Cavin will step up and play hard, Reynolds will shoot your lights out, and Bellamy will blow your mind for a freshman. Now, if Westview is as bad as you say then we must be the worst UNDEFEATED team in the state.

GET UP 'VIEW

Guest flyinghigh

What post are you reading???? I'm for Westview. Read more carefully before you blast. Both teams are coached by two good basketball coaches. I will stand by that.

Flyinghigh, I was not posting to you. There are several posts earlier talking about how Westview lost it's 2nd best player and that we would get out coached come Friday night. I simply stated my opinion and wish that they would realize that David Russell wasn't the only outstanding coach in West Tenn. It will take the best from both teams to win this game.

GET UP 'VIEW

Guest flyinghigh

Should be worth the price of admission! Hope the gym is full and it's a great game; I think it will be.

I think the 'View will be back at full strength for Thursday and man oh man - the Wizard doesn't lose much this year when he goes to his bench!

Get Up 'View!!

Arguing over who the best high school coach is. If I have learned anything as a coach it is this: You are only as good as the junior high's beneath you. I would bet that both of these men would not dispute that statement. Players are developed at this level and great coaches harness these players into champions, period...Just look at the freshman sensation point guard at Dyersburg, or the big girl at Martin, or Gibson County's freshman gunner. These players weren't made in the four months that they were at their respective schools. I appluad these feeder schools for the great development of these outstanding young ladies.

As for Randy Frazier...Just more bonafide proof of my theory. He starts teaching his system in the fifth grade or earlier as did Russell with Bradford. Does anyone dispute these thoughts...

Choops...nice post. It is amazing what people think they know. I will only say this......This will be the game of the year (until they meet again in about 3 weeks). Both coaches are solid and both teams are very good even though Westview will not be a full strength. I hear ESPN will be in the house for a possible "instant classic". If you are a true fan of either team you will be in Martin this Friday night.

GET 'UP VIEW!! :o

By the way, thebeave is a plus member??? What is life coming to???Next thing you know wescharge will be married!!

[Edited by heavyd on 1-6-03 7:59P]