First Day of practice

Sidetrain

ERA I do not look for the dead period to change and I really don't see it as a bad rule. Everyone could use a rest it just falls at a bad time for softball. Make our dead time in late August when it is all over. The ten contact day offseason rule favoring football/basketball and not allowing it for baseball/softball is a little strange.

The split really does not affect the privates in softball in such a negative way. The top teams in both divisions will see each other enough at tournaments to satisfy the the true fanatics as to who the top teams are. You know I love high school softball and all that it stands for. Just look at the positive effect the sport has on your community. I just hope the publics don't begin to boycott the privates altogether and we don't see games like Goodpasture vs Beech or Coffee vs Ezell or GPS vs Soddy etc etc. There is too much emphasis placed on he ellusive state title (esp in football) for us just to enjoy the game.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic