Brentwood Tour

buckingbronco2

Being a lady, a chore I often find difficult in this male dominated sport, I just felt that the 'stinky' bathroom issue would have been better addressed when it could and should have been corrected rather than after the fact by bringing to the attention of the world on the WWW. Yes, I guess my dry sense of humor escapes many. I thought Joe's tournament was SUPER and as a matter of fact, I think your bathroom posts tarnished it's shine. ~ MM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have observed over the past years with the Freshman and JV levels, their numbers fluctuate from year to year. A school can enter all wrestlers in its program (9 - 12) in one of the three levels. To combine the Freshman and JV levels would make some weight classes too big. With the philosophy of giving every wrestler on a team an opportunity to wrestle, the current levels appear to be the best way.

Guest goodsport

maid: Then you probably don't know that the issue of "stinky" boys' bathrooms is a problem at almost every school that does not have a separate locker room for wrestlers. The bathrooms get foul as soon as weigh-ins start - for reasons which are obvious. It's not something that anybody would go to the coach for during competition.

It's probably just that Brentwood opens only one restoom, and I won't bother to describe it - but it's too small. Everything else seemed to go well at Brenwood.

Why the sarcasm? The post complimented Coach Blair and Brentwood. The tournament was not tarnished because there was a request for better hygiene.

On the WWW? Maybe it will even help the coach. Some schools have no control or input on the use of custodians and principals refuse to allow them to work wrestling matches - unless paid overtime from wrestling - or worse. Or would you rather have people keep it a secret?

Lighten up. It was a great tournament - one of the best. Coach Blair and the rest of the folks deserve mucho kudos. BUT - the post was also right about the timers. A wrestler lost third place because of the same thing.

Regarding this thread... There is no use beating a dead horse. My post was NOT meant to be sarcastic. It was simply in defense of Joe and Brentwood (my stomping grounds). I do agree 100% ... tournament was and always has been VERY WELL run. It is amazing how people seem to hop on this site just to try to trash others and that IS exactly how I interpreted the bathroom issue. Read the whole thing - quote: "Good tournament, BUT ... " If this same problem is everywhere, why pinpoint it here?

My tongue may often short-circuit my brain, but that does seem to be contagious on this board. ~MM

[Edited by Matmaid on 1-19-03 11:32A]

Brentwood always seems to have adequate troubleshooters in the wings. My educated guess is that all tournament hosts would want any situation like the restroom problem called to attention when it occurs. There were manned stations around around the facility at Brentwood that could have provided direction for reporting the need: folks...in the concession stand, selling shirts, posting scores, announcing, or any familiar Brentwood face that might be around, even the coach. Even if any those folks mentioned couldn't have provided an immediate answer, knowing the nature of most tournament volunteers no matter where the tournament is, I would lay odds that, if the problem could have been addressed at all, it would have been addressed in relativly short order. It has been my experience as a fan of the sport that programs that have tournaments want to be accommodating to all concerned and appreciate information that can help them to be good hosts.

The tournament results as reported on brentwoodwrestling.com are outstanding. Jarrod Ruez did a super job with it. The tournament software sure appears to be state-of-the-art computer wrestling fan friendly. Father Ryan was also timely in posting their tournament results on the net. Did both tournaments use the same software? It would be a real favor to us fans if all tournaments could follow the example set by these two programs in posting results in a similar fashion. If others posted complete results and I missed them, my apologies for omission.

Wouldn't it be great if we could read these kinds of results from all eight region tournaments on Sunday morning February 8?