Top 2A teams for 2003

Stang34

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baseketball

Better watch out for the Cyclones this upcoming baseball season. Have loads of experience, with several players returning with 2 & 3 years of varsity experience. They really came together during the tournament action last year, barely missing a chance to advance to the sub-state (took perennial favorite Unicoi County into extra innings twice in the district and regional championship games, beating them once in a pre-liminary district game) and beat Chuckey Doak rather easily in the regional game. Loaded with pitchers (Greer, Vines, Stipe, Bowers) and experienced position players everywhere (Porter, Bray, Miller, Hurt, just to name a few) Playing a tough schedule to prepare for tournament run. Watch out!

I believe Lexington will be in the running for the title again. They lost a couple of key players, but I believe that there are players that are going to step and fill those roles that were lost. Brandon Maness and Dustin Page are two seniors who will dictate alot of success that the team has this coming up year. Coach Patterson will have these guys ready to go.....Lexington will be ready to go and do there best to defend what they have,,,,a state championship!!!!

i think that macon co will be on of the best teams in 2A this year. they are not losing much from last year and went to the region finals and lost to portland which they beat twice during the season and oh yeah portland ended up going to the state tournament. so i would look out for them this year

[Edited by kd172001 on 2-5-03 10:03P]