nd lost to father ryan

lovetowrestle

Do you have the score to the game or any news about what happened? If Father Ryan did win how can you come on here and post a thread saying Okay Father Ryan won they will lose next time?? Can you even do that?? Just give a team credit to traveling to Chattanooga during the week defeat a very good Notre Dame school and come back for class the next day. If Notre Dame gets the oppurtuniy to play the best D2 team in the state again, I wish them luck, but dont disrespect a team by coming on here after a victory and say they will lose next time! Good luck to both teams through out the season!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well ND beat themself... The only thing good about Father Ryan was there defense and the fact that they did not miss a 3 pointer....Any team that is that hot one night should always blow out a team.. I think thats what Mcalie was saying, because ND still outplayed them, and were far more athletic. but it came down to the last shot...not to mention ND blowing a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go...but congrats to FR

How dos that crow taste McCallie. You are the person that said "Father Ryan doesn't stand a chance against ND"

And how fortunate Ryan was to go to Chattanooga and "barely win."

I didn't know that in win loss columns that it says that a team is for example 12 wins, 1 barely win, 1 loss and 1 loss but almost won.

Notre Dame is more athletic than Ryan but you don't get points for being more athletic. You get points for putting the ball in the basket.

How does that crow taste McCallie? You are the person that said "Father Ryan doesn't stand a chance against ND"

And how fortunate Ryan was to go to Chattanooga and "barely win."

I didn't know that in win loss columns that it says a team is for example 12 wins, 1 barely win, 1 loss and 1 loss but almost won.

Notre Dame is more athletic than Ryan but you don't get points for being more athletic. You get points for putting the ball in the basket.

seems like I must have seen a different game. ND has 5 good players. When they have to stay on the court the whole time and Ryan can run in 8 --10 good players it seemed that ND ran out of gas. They didn't have the legs to finish the game. I'm not real sure that Ryan played very good either. Everett Bills only hit one shot and he is one of the usual high scorers for the team. There is always next time. ND also doesn't have anybody that can guard Degrauw inside the paint.

I don't see how NDfanPack and McCallie can come on here and say that Ryan was outplayed and will lose next time. You said that ND blew a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left. That will make 2 times in the last 3 games that Ryan has come back from double digits within the last 2 minutes of a game. That has more to do with Ryan than ND. OldCoacht is right, DeGraauw is the best post player in D2 and proved that again last nite. Good luck to both teams though later in the year.

Degrauw is not the best player in Division 2.

Trey Williams is the 8th best player in Memphis.

Josh Meeks for ECS is scoring well over 20 a game...he scored 38 last night and 32 a few games ago.

Josh Suddath scored 55 one game...and was averaging over 40 points a game (He still might be).

I have seen Father Ryan play and they are very good...I think their team is very good.

He is not the best player in Division 2.

Also, I didn't even mention Marc Gasol for Lausanne...hes ranked higher then any of those guys.

I am non partial and could care less who wins the state title...Father Ryan is the best team in my opinion and Harding and Notre Dame are right behind (Harding might be better...I haven't seen them play, I'll see them play Friday though).

I have seen Briarcrest, Brentwood Academy, ECS, Father Ryan, Lausanne, MUS, Benedict (who is playing better), TRA, and a few others...

By the way-Keep this thread clean and talk about the game...name calling and outlandish statements will result in it getting deleted...in case you didnt know, the game is over.

Blah Blah Blah...You know the great thing about being part of the Father Ryan program is we dont have to talk about winning next time, or almost winnning, or out playing teams...we dont bother with all that worthless talk, we just win games and let the record speak for itself...You earn that right from proving you can win, and over the last few years i think we've proved it.

As far the game i thought Notre Dame played very good. There athletecism is terrific (especially for DII) and they dont rely on one specific player to carry their team. I would definitly not be surprised to see them back in the Boro come March.

Oh, and i dont think Ryan was over 50% from behind the Arc at the game. Pretty low shooting percentage for a team that "couldnt miss a three"

first of all I congratulated FRHS... and ND is without their star shooting guard and point guard....probably one of the bes shots in state.....and ND did beat themself, while FR took adavantage of everythign by not missing....I have seen many games in my life and career, and you dont just go that hot every night...but they were and thats why i congratulated them....very well coached....one thing they have on ND now that Tony Fox is gone

Father Ryan won the game, and therefore deserve credit for their win. A previous post said something to the effect of "Father Ryan only won because they made all their 3-pointers." Uh, pardon me, but that's the idea of basketball -- SCORING. It's like saying, "Well, we got beat because we didn't score as many points as the other team." Instead of making meager attempts to trivialize Father Ryan's victory, give them credit for playing well (after all, they usually DO shoot extremely well) and try to sneak up on them the next time. The less you talk, the less they'll expect it.