roane co. baseball 03

rcpatriot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Longball5

has monk and hall learned how to hit the low and away pitch? how about the slider? could be a L O N G year for both of them if they haven't worked on hitting those pitches!! hint, hint! good luck to hall this year. Monk, you need to get some class. the team is much bigger than you are and will probably be a better team, as a whole, next year because your ego will be gone. :):):D

I am not trying to be offensive to anyone, but while the conflict of these baseballs teams are being based on the talent or nontalent of one or two players there is something that everyone needs to stop and remember. A team is NOT made up of one or two individual players. It is the team as a whole. This is not only on the field but off as well. I played baseball for seven years growing up and I might not be on a team now but I know how it works. I know some of the people that have posted on this thread are baseball players so act like you're on a team and not like you are the team...... ;)

Guest Longball5

Excuse me Mr.Monk. I believe this year is a whole new year. Kingston is going to have a heck of a team in my eyes. Well atleast they have the talent from what I see. Kevin Monk is the cockiest kid I have seen in a long time! Who started this rumor about him going to UT? Kingston has a good Junior and Sophmore class. A couple of Freshmen should get some playing time this year as well.

[Edited by Longball5 on 1-30-03 9:07P]

By the way....I no longer play and, who said I was from Kingston? You would be surprised if you only knew. I could be from OS,Rockwood, or even Harriman. No offense intended, KEVIN.

[Edited by Longball5 on 1-30-03 9:12P]

first of all, troy or kevin, most teenage athletes i know have a little cockiness going either for them or against them. 2nd- troy, kevin is a big boy and can probably handle his own affairs with other athletes just fine without daddy's help. these kids are going to get on this site and talk smack all day and night, so lighten up. they are just having a little fun. if the worst anyone ever says about kevin is that he is cocky, he'll be doing pretty good. i personnally hope he hits as many hr's as he can, along with alex h., as long as they aren't against kingston!!

additionally, longball5 is correct about the low & away pitches, and the slider. that should be expected by you and kevin. any smart pitcher would keep the ball out of kevin's zone.

chill dad!! good luck this season.

I think Kingston will be the surprise team. They made a great run in the postseason last year and had Gibbs beat in the region before a couple of injuries hurt them late in the game. They were young last year, but their strong district and region performance should give them a lot of confidence this season.

As far as Kevin Monk, Hit the ball over the fence and not through it :rolleyes: