Fairview High's New Team 2003 Good or Bad

Dand84

Well, the thread asked the question, "Fairview High's New Team 2003 Good or Bad". I checked the thread, your schedule and results to date and I decided that Fairview was actually reasonably mediocre. Then I called a player at Page and he said mediocre was a push and that he would bet on Tennessee School for the Blind but you might have to give Fairview a couple of goals to make it a fair game.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok man if you want a game with fairview just call the school and they will make a note of it and give it to the coach for next year's games i am sure our coach wouldnt have a problem with more games.Page beat us by 2 goals if you were at the game you would have known that in the second have page could do much with the ball.And the CA game was crap also Fairview can take both those teams playoffs are gonna be interesting for fairview this year people its not the team from last year.

I'm sure that Fairview is gradually getting better, but one of the ways that you get better is by taking a loss and seeing what you can do better. Blaming the refs does nothing, because in reality refs almost never change the eventual outcome of the game. I know that you cannot change your schedule, so I will not use that against you right now. Keep playing well, and continue to improve. Good luck.

Guest Solid

fAIRVIEW, SO WHAT YOUR A SMALL SCHOOL. You play in the small school league, so quit using that as an excuse. You'll get your chance in the playoffs,like everyone else. You would think listening to your Taylor made(made WHAT) that he runs all over anybody and eastside your the whole Brazilian team rolled into one. No wonder you wear out your baseball team and others , you have no humbleness!!!!!!!! I hear people tell you that all the time but nope, you keep talking like you are BAD TO THE BONE....Give me a break, the only times you've played anybody other than schools that have no soccer program at all you have been beaten, Oh, an we will see you if you get out of district. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, I want to step in here and just give a few observations. There has been a lot of "talk" from both sides of the issue about Fairview and its game. I've been playing the game since your parents were in diapers. Yes, I'm ancient! But I've seen them play this year and last year. I'm in a different district from them. I've seen a GREAT improvement from last year. This season they've improved from being a "football/soccer-mow'em down-red card team" to a soccer team that really can play without breaking heads and losing tempers. They have improved in the most important area - the mind game. When tempers and cards fly you loose in more ways then one.

For those of you who dis their record, all I can say is: play them. You really can't say whose better until you go head to head. Records mean nothing. Ask Hendersonville, Brentwood, Bearden, etc.(one of which I have worked with). Teams with worse records have beaten them in the past. If they're not on your schedule give them the chance to show you their ability during their district trn. If they fall apart, then you'll know. Win/loss records mean little on game day. Its about desire, attitude, and will. That's why they call it a game - whose got game? You can be a less-skilled team and WIN. But, whatever you do, be sure and have FUN! Soccer is a blast!!

Dad - "having fun at soccer since 1964" PLAY ON!

While I agree with you somewhat soccerdad, you must keep in mind that High School soccer is not like pro sports, where upsets are plentiful. Teams like Brentwood and Hendersonville don't want teams like Fairview on their schedule because they are looking to play better teams, so they can also get better. I don't mean to diss Fairview; I'm sure they have improved, but they are still not at that level of other teams. I'm glad they are getting better, but as it stands they are 0-2 in district play, and will play one of those teams again in district playoffs. I'm sorry, but not making it out of a 4 team district and saying that you are a good team is ridiculous.