Fairview High's New Team 2003 Good or Bad

Dand84

there is a big difference between playing physical and playing dirty. soccer is a physical game, but that does not mean you should play dirty. i did not see the page harpeth game and have only seen page play once, but if that is true, 6 yellow cards and injuring two players, that sounds like harpeth is a dirty low-class team. if it was just a rough game with poor refs that will show when your team doesnt usually recieve multiple cards. if its just one or two players on your team pull them aside and tell them to quit giving your school a bad reputation. just go out and win...and maybe with less than 6 cautions

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. A physical team is a team that plays the game of soccer: shoulder to shoulder, slide tackles, the occasional foul, and maybe a yellow card or 2. If you get six yellow cards, injure two opposing players, and still lose, then not only are you playing dirty, you're also playing like crap.

overly heated penalties are expected. sometimes, refs get irritated and go overboard when physical playing is at hand. when 6 cards are handed out thats pretty bad, fairview had a card problem the first 3 games, our coach laid out the rules for us, punishment, soem cards are not necesary so he uses his judgement to, that is one way to solve a card problem.

oh and who ever said anythign about fairview beating Harpeth??? we lost to CPA 2-1. a really crappy game for both teams, not because of cards or anythign but just sloppy play because it was a scrimmage in the pre season. i saw that harpeth beat CPA in the paper. good job, but no matter what, it any given day. anyone CAN win on any given occation. so just keep you head way up there in the clouds bud. cuz im gonna enjoy watching it get hit with a 8-0 loss. i got nothing against you, but you sure seem like an ####. so keep it up.

harpeth dont come on here saying you can beat fairview, you think this team is like the old one, i promise you this, i dont play but i have seen how much potential this team has, they have strong senior leadership and great young scorers. i believe harpeth just wants some revenge from football season since they went what 2-8. but hey i promise you dback33 backs it up when he says they would win.

thanks for the support jacketpride, but i never at any point said we would beat harpeth. i meant, i will be smiling when harpeth gets their butts kicked by a stronger team. fairview is a small school, even for A/AA it is small. but that means absolutely nothing of the players. we have a very strong team, but very young. more people don't expect much from fairview, but look what we can do, our football, soccer, and baseball teams, are all winning teams, football(8-4 in second round of 2A playoffs), soccer is 5-1 only loss to Page, Baseball i believe is 12-2 and beatin' up on everybody. but none of that means that i am saying we would beat harpeth in a soccer game. it would defenitely be a rough game, no doubt. but Harpeth simply has more experience than Fairview, we have 18 players, and of the 18, 3 are seniors very skilled, 3 are juniors, 6 are sophmores, and 6 are freshmen. all but 5 sophmores start, 2 of the seniors start, 2 juniors, and 2 freshmen start. we are young, we are pretty successful now too, so in the future especially look for us in the papers. again, i said absolutely nothing resembling a statement saying we would beat harpeth. you obviously need to work on your reading comprehension skills. they come in handy, you know, like when your reading. :D

[Edited by dback33 on 4-9-03 2:09P]