Vroom...

iamoz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• So I could be wrong, but I think HS coaches can host strength training and things like that, no sport specific practices, but you can not say it's only for 8th grade football players, you have to open it to any middle school students that want to come, and no high school students can be present at all. Please don't quote me but I think that is the rule. 
    • you're right, they do have some talent. issue is that they (parents) have ran the coaches off in the youth leagues/feeder programs over the past few years especially, have ran off multiple middle schools coaches (to a point there's only a handful, if that. there are constant staffing issues, among other things. how many of you on here actually know the ins and outs of the facilities at heritage, william blount and so on? these new facilities they have now will barely fit all athletes in multiple sports at these schools. don't get me wrong, they needed them and i'm glad something was done, but when you've not had those facilities for the past 10, 15, etc years, how are you going to succeed as an athlete? it's not an instant fix. too many parents these days thinks their kids are D1 prospects and/or deserve a ring, so they do what they can to get them into other schools in the area. claiming 'offers' on social media, when all that's been done is you've spoken to a coach at colleges that are just saying your son could walk on. parents are hiring personal trainers, nutritionists, and recruiters while claiming the coaching staffs at these schools aren't doing right by by their child/children. then after hiring all of those 'professionals' that allegedly know more than coaches, your child still isn't offered a full ride to his dream school. you know how it works when you transfer schools, you can say you play for whatever team, you can walk around with the name across your chest and be proud of it. these kids at heritage, william blount, they need to be proud of their schools, proud of what they are accomplishing and not compare themselves, trouble is, it starts at home and it starts in the community. the parents, businesses, school board, they need to be behind these kids... ALL kids in these schools, not just the athletes. these kids at area schools see the comments on these message boards, on twitter, on facebook. they see the immaturity of adults hiding behind a computer talking about their facilities, their coaches, their schools, their history. they see the hate. it's about time things change. i wish the new coach at heritage well whoever he may be, and I hope that Coach Reeves takes the program at WB to new heights, and i hope things start to change at the ROOT of the problem. 
    • Advantage of having to staff a whole new school is there is room for the new coach to bring people with him. Not saying this will happen just that it would be easier in this situation than in most when a new coach is hired.
    • That is a fact. Tells you how much talent is up there. 
    • Let me ask you a question.  When in tarnation is this hill woman and little grider man going to get our boys a coach?  Our boys are getting lazy and weak.  Is this little grider man and stone man going to coach next year? I was talking to this man at foodland and he said this Fyffe man from Alabama was interviewing? Does anyone no about this mess?