Hillsboro and academics

1979panther

It appears to me, that if you play sports for Hillsboro you better pay attention to your grades. I can't remember when I have seen two players as highly regaurded as their two

( 1 in football and 1 in basketball) be academicly ineligible at the same school in the same year. I hope these two young men get their grades in order, and are able to use their God given talent to the fullest.

I don't think this is a rule @ Hillsboro, this is a rule that is implemented by Metro schools. In Metro a player must pass five subjects each semester to remain eligible.

This is a tough break for Hillsboro losing Sanders, he would provide a lot of depth but gaining Fisher is the other side of the coin and he is a man child inside.

Well I dont think thats just a Metro rule.that may be a rule most counties use I know in Montgomery County(Clarksville) thats the same case where you have to pass 5/6 classes to be eligible. I'm just glad the school went through with kicking the stars off the team. Most schools will give them grades thinkin that will help but in the long run it hurts. Naturally I hope these athletes will learn from their mistakes and get with it because its a shame to not get your grades in order and have talent.

I know that this is not a rule just at Hillsboro. My point was that Hillsboro actually enforced it. I am sure that there are some players at other schools that have not taken care of business in the classroom, but are still allowed to play because someone gave them a break. But after your eligibility is up,and you can't get into college,what now?

(something for high stars to think about) You will be added to the woulda, coulda, shoulda list. Enjoy your high school careers, but don't let that be your crowning achievement. Most of us know of someone who was a great high school athlete, but never quite adjusted to living as an adult, after the final horn sounded on their high school career.